Let's talk Disneybounding...

My sister and I bounded as Joy and Sadness.

She wore a yellow dress, necklace with sunburst style gems, and slouchy blue hat. I had an oversize cream shirt, blue capri pants, a raincloud necklace, and large glasses. Getting the character pose down really helps bring it to life in photos!

I love this, so cute! My son would let me dress him up :) so I'll start thinking.

Regarding costumes, are children allowed to wear them? He would really like to dress as a Stormtrooper for our Star Wars day. He will be 5 at the time of travel.

Yes, children under 14 can wear actual costumes!

Reactions: EmJ
Is it permissible for adults to wear a waist length cape? I was certain I'd read that somewhere and now I'm questioning if it was only for Halloween party nights... Because I am planning a very cute A
Darth Vader disneybound where I'd planned to sew the cape to my t shirt...
I’ve worn a capelet that goes halfway down my back with no issues. I think that if you keep it reasonably short and the rest of your outfit is casual, you’ll be fine.

I have started Disney Bounding when I go to Disneyland California. I am also planning to wear my Disney Bounding outfits on my September 2020 Disney cruise.

I co ordinate my Mickey / Minnie ears to my outfits

Maleficent Ears
Black leggings
Purple tank top layered over lime green tank top

Pirate Minnie Ears
Red Hot Topic swing dress with black sculls
Back long line cardigan
Pirate necklace

Rey / Citizen of Batuu
Blue hair extensions
Brown skater style dress
Grey longline cardigan
Black cinch waist belt
Black leggings
Porg on my shoulder

Frozen
Im in the middle of putting together my next outfit. Most likely my cruise will have a Frozen night. I have bought a pale blue skater style dress and I am on the lookout for a white long line cardigan. When I visit Disneyland California next June I will buy Frozen Ears.

Hello all, I am in that "Trip is mostly planned but need to talk Disney" stage so I thought I would post a Disneybounding conversation. When we were at DL last September we saw a lot of people disneybounding including us. My wife and I are headed to DL 10/15 - 10/19 and plan on Disney bounding. I think I am going to disneybound Princesses (yeah a little genderbending as I am 6 ft tall 300 pound man).

Snow white - Yellow Shorts, Blue Shirt, Phillies Hat and an Apple Pin
Cinderella Light Blue Shorts, Light blue shirt, Black and White Tie, silver shoe laces, thread and needle pin
Anna - Blue Shorts, Black T-Shirt, Purple overshirt, Snowflake pin.

Any thoughts or ideas?
Just make sure that nobody can mistake you for the actual characters. 😉

Ooh, can someone explain Disneybounding to me? I've heard the term, but don't fully understand it. I, too, have gone absolutely as far as I can with our trip planning until next year. Boo. Need more things to think about!
I like to say it is dressing in homage to a character as opposed to a costume. For example when I disnebounded Mickey, I wore red shorts, a black shirt, black shoes with BRIGHT yellow laces and a yellow belt. I tend to wear a pin of the character as well.

My sister and I bounded as Joy and Sadness.

She wore a yellow dress, necklace with sunburst style gems, and slouchy blue hat. I had an oversize cream shirt, blue capri pants, a raincloud necklace, and large glasses. Getting the character pose down really helps bring it to life in photos!
On our last Disney Cruise the six of us all did The characters from Inside Out! It was so fun!

I have started Disney Bounding when I go to Disneyland California. I am also planning to wear my Disney Bounding outfits on my September 2020 Disney cruise.

I co ordinate my Mickey / Minnie ears to my outfits

Maleficent Ears
Black leggings
Purple tank top layered over lime green tank top

Pirate Minnie Ears
Red Hot Topic swing dress with black sculls
Back long line cardigan
Pirate necklace

Rey / Citizen of Batuu
Blue hair extensions
Brown skater style dress
Grey longline cardigan
Black cinch waist belt
Black leggings
Porg on my shoulder

Frozen
Im in the middle of putting together my next outfit. Most likely my cruise will have a Frozen night. I have bought a pale blue skater style dress and I am on the lookout for a white long line cardigan. When I visit Disneyland California next June I will buy Frozen Ears.
Those all sound great! We disneybounded on our last cruise. We did inside out one night (Get a Group pic after the show in the lobby of the Theatre!) and when we met the frozen princesses we all were Frozen Bound!

I will usually bound a day or two when I'm in the parks.

A few years ago, I bought some mermaid leggings (not the shiny green ones, just a white with teal scales print), so I throw on a purple shirt and --ta da-- I'm Ariel! Bonus points: Holy cow, the leggings are super soft and super stretchy, so it's like wearing jammies all day long!

I also bought a Haunted Mansion "wallpaper bound" dress that I *must* wear every trip. Sadly, I expected more people to notice/comment on it, but they don't. Like, even around the Haunted Mansion, I may only hear 1-2 people commenting on it each day. Oh well, I still love it!

We love to Disneybound! We've done some pretty creative things on our girls' trips - DD and her friend bounded as Ariel and Flounder one day, and the Flounder pieces (yellow shorts, royal blue T layered under a yellow one) transitioned to Snow White simply by removing the yellow T and adding some red bows to her sleeves. The best things are when the same garments can do double duty. Black and purples with a white scarf and red belt? Evil Queen. Take off the belt and scarf, add something lime green - Maleficent!

I love all these ideas so much! I don't think I'm going to Disneybound my son as we'd have to purchase a lot of new clothing to make it work, but I am definitely going to try and spot other bounders on our trip. It will be like a live-action scavenger hunt where I can tell "the found" what a good job they did :)

I love all these ideas so much! I don't think I'm going to Disneybound my son as we'd have to purchase a lot of new clothing to make it work, but I am definitely going to try and spot other bounders on our trip. It will be like a live-action scavenger hunt where I can tell "the found" what a good job they did :)
DH went to Goodwill and spent $13! :rotfl:For his Goofy bound, he got an orange T-shirt and a lightweight brown vest, and a green baseball cap. With jeans and his comfortable brown deck shoes, it’s perfect!

Note that, if your Disney visit IS part of a larger trip, Disneybounding is typically done with regular clothing which can fit right in to any other environment.

Must share: we took an epic vacation to France in July - though not, technically, a Disneybound, I wore the Up dress from The Dress Shop on two of our four days at Disneyland Paris, to universal approbation (this was during the major heat wave - 108 one day - and it was the coolest thing I had, in both senses of the word). Everyone who noticed it commented on it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter