Let's all root for 60% vaccination in Hawaii!

Yayyyy its moving up. 54% We go on July 5.
We leave on July 6th and plan to test on July 3rd after 1pm. It is going to be very close but I don't think it will really make it.

It looks to be going up 1% every 3-4 days or so.

If it matches the current best case pace that means 60% June 28th at the earliest. I think the mid to late July folks have a better chance.

We leave on July 6th and plan to test on July 3rd after 1pm. It is going to be very close but I don't think it will really make it.

If it matches the current best case pace that means 60% June 28th at the earliest. I think the mid to late July folks have a better chance.
There should be another burst whenever the pfizer pediatric dose is approved.

I really hope it does as we are going to CA for 5 days before Aulani. I really do not want to have to deal with it over the holiday weekend. I guess I need to start asking family where we would go if needed.

For ages 12+, i.e. those eligible to be vaccinated they're at 64%. To me that's the important number. Including children under 12 in the overall 60% doesn't make much sense, right?

I've been following this closely because I really don't want to get tested and here is what I see: To get to 60% about 850,000 Hawaiians need to be fully vaccinated. Right now approximately 781,200 are fully vaccinated leaving about 70,800 to go. The trend is between 4000 and 5000 doses administered per day in HI. If the trend continues (and that's a big IF), we're looking at somewhere in the 15-18 day range for 60%.

Going to the Big Island 8/3.

Last edited:
For ages 12+, i.e. those eligible to be vaccinated they're at 64%. To me that's the important number. Including children under 12 in the overall 60% doesn't make much sense, right?

I've been following this closely because I really don't want to get tested and here is what I see: To get to 60% about 850,000 Hawaiians need to be fully vaccinated. Right now approximately 781,200 are fully vaccinated leaving about 70,800 to go. The trend is between 4000 and 5000 doses administered per day in HI. If the trend continues (and that's a big IF), we're looking at somewhere in the 15-18 day range for 60%.

Going to the Big Island 8/3.
We are July 5. I wouldn't mind so much about getting tested but we are visiting family in CA for a week before heading to Hawaii and didn't want to deal with it. (it was our main reason for getting vaccinated when we did) We will do whatever but I totally agree that they should use the eligible people to be vaccinated, not the entire population.

Agreed, New York used adults. Hawaii should do the same with “the eligible people”. We are also all vaccinated for awhile and our cards should be good enough. Non of the logic makes sense but will do our due diligence when we leave in 1.5 weeks.

We are July 5. I wouldn't mind so much about getting tested but we are visiting family in CA for a week before heading to Hawaii and didn't want to deal with it. (it was our main reason for getting vaccinated when we did) We will do whatever but I totally agree that they should use the eligible people to be vaccinated, not the entire population.

If they went with eligible people, the required number of vaccinated people would be more like 80% or 85%. Whether it's 70% or the entire population or 80% (or more) of the eligible population, Hawaii's goal is to get to herd immunity. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you that we at least get to 60% by your trip and you don't need to test, though!

If they went with eligible people, the required number of vaccinated people would be more like 80% or 85%. Whether it's 70% or the entire population or 80% (or more) of the eligible population, Hawaii's goal is to get to herd immunity. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you that we at least get to 60% by your trip and you don't need to test, though!
That makes sense. Either way. Do you have a corgi? I see your name and wondered. We just got a corgi pup a few months ago.

According to the data 4546 Hawaiians got their second dose on Wednesday. I think the governor is being a bit optimistic on the 7-10 day prediction. At this pace I still think it's going to be at least two weeks. Maybe he has some reason to believe that the numbers are going to increase dramatically over the next 7-10 days.

According to the data 4546 Hawaiians got their second dose on Wednesday. I think the governor is being a bit optimistic on the 7-10 day prediction. At this pace I still think it's going to be at least two weeks. Maybe he has some reason to believe that the numbers are going to increase dramatically over the next 7-10 days.
I think it was the Lt. Gov who made the prediction. I think he is being overly optimistic on the timeline. Throughout the pandemic I don't think the Lt. Gov and the Gov have seen completely eye to eye.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!