LET THE PLANNING BEGIN!!!!!!

Pretty sure I’m cancelling our September trip now because I don’t want to go when the crowds are insane like that. I booked Sept because it’s a “slower” time :sad1:

So excited we now have an official opening date for STAR WARS GALAXY EDGE!!! YAY!! Just wanted to share my excitement with those who I know are just as thrilled as I am!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looking at going the beginning of December :0)

:tiptoe::yay::teleport:

I’ll share in your excitement :jumping1:
We booked for October but were worried that we might miss it, so we’re very excited about the opening date. We’ve factored large crowds and lengthy wait times just like we did with Pandora

I, too, am thrilled! We have a 14nt free dining trip booked for mid-September. I was originally hoping for low crowds, but SWGE is so much better! We are HUGE fans!

We were originally planning to have a more laid back trip Sept 18-24 but we'r embracing the madness! Strategy is going to be not to worry about the ride unless it's a reasonable wait (unlikely) otherwise just going to explore, shop, eat, and enjoy the atmosphere. Anyone hearing details on this 3 hour window?

So pumped! The wife and i are pondering an early september trip(no kiddos)

How early do yall think ppl will/ shld camp out the morning/night before say 1 week after opening? (real speculation please no line up now jokes)

Last edited:
So pumped! The wife and i are pondering an early september trip(no kiddos)

How early do yall think ppl will/ shld camp out the morning/night before say 1 week after opening? (real speculation please no line up now jokes)

I am wondering exactly this as well! We plan on being at Hollywood Studios on Sept. 6th and are sure we will need to plan some line camping, just need to figure out how early. I would rather wait outside the park in the middle of the night than in the heat of mid day to fight the crowds.

So funny how split everyone about this unexpected opening. I was initially hoping that GE would open after our trip, but now that I know it will open several months before, I am kind of excited about it, but nervous.

I have several plans depending on how busy it actually is and what is available in mid-November:
A) Avoid HS entirely if it is a true hellscape.
B) Go to HS only for early EMH opening if no fastpasses are available
C) Get a fastpass for SR if available by then
D) IF RotR is up and running, rope drop that and FP SR.

So many possibilities! Honestly, I am keeping my expectations pretty low. My real hope is that I can just get in to see the land and experience it. Riding SR would be a bonus because I am not sure I am up for waiting for 4 hours or more for it. I would rather spend those 4 hours seeing the land and experiencing it.

I am SO READY.

Emailed my TA and had her add a night to our POP reservation for Thanksgiving. We already moved from WL to POP to save money for extras in case they come out. We also wanted Skyliner access.

Plan right now is to spend ALL of Black Friday in GE.

I want more info ASAP. :rotfl2:

So, the two main attractions are Milennium Falcon and Rise of the Resistance. Which one will be the hotter of the two as far as FP+ goes?

I am wondering exactly this as well! We plan on being at Hollywood Studios on Sept. 6th and are sure we will need to plan some line camping, just need to figure out how early. I would rather wait outside the park in the middle of the night than in the heat of mid day to fight the crowds.
Count me as another with the same question - we'll also be there Sept. 6 for my birthday, yay! I haven't visited a new land (Pandora, Toy Story) so soon after opening, so I have no idea how early would be necessary to arrive. Any insight is appreciated : )

OK, am I the only one that went online and booked a trip for August 28 - Sept 2 yesterday?
I just want to see/experience this.

We are going in Dec and I was truly worried that we would be there opening week. However, we will be there with extended family and lots of grandchildren, which will be fun, but little time for DH and me to see anything new. We will try to do TSL for the grandchildren, but will probably avoid SWGE altogether on that trip.

I have never gone in August due to the heat. I went once in September for Night of Joy, though. It was hot! Feeling a little bit silly this morning, but I am starting to book dining ADR's just the same. LOL!

A part of me wants to bail and book a trip for Jan, 2020 instead......still deciding even while booking August/Sept.

I am equal parts excited and terrified!

We’re excited. Booked November a long time ago due to juggling the schedules of 11 people. I was hoping in would be open but then I started hearing December rumors.

We’ll schedule HS towards the end of our trip and pray they do fastpasses or book EMM. I won’t wait longer than an hour for the new ride. Also hoping for an ADR at the new ts restaurant.

The hardest thing about planning the trip is it really requires no planning at all. If there's no fast pass for millenium falcon (and rumored for the other ride as well when it opens) and no ADR you can make in the land, you literally can't enter unless you get in line a la Toy Story Land. I think this is smart for them to focus on line control with just one party, and it might make those lines move even faster, but it's going to put everyone on the same playing field. I for one will be at rope drop in October around 5:00/6:00am.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter