Let the Memories Begin Tour

Teresa Pitman

Disney Grandma
Did any of you see this on (Toronto's) Breakfast Television on Friday? We were invited to the media event that was on just after the BT event, so I brought my grandchildren (3 boys ages 9, 4 and nearly 2 and one girl age 6). (There were plenty of other kids there, too.) They had a wonderful time!

They had a "Fairy Godmother in Training" who did a kind of mini-Bibbidy Bobbidy Boutique session with my granddaughter, and a great Pirate who did the three boys up as pirates complete with bandannas, eye patches and earrings.

They also had photo booths where you could get your photo taken and they printed with various Disneyland landmarks and characters included. You got one photo to take home with you and then the others are accessed online.

The characters were there, too - Minnie, Mickey, Donald Duck, Goofy and Pluto - so we had lots of opportunities for photos.

A highlight for me was when my youngest grandson, who is usually very shy, ran right up to Minnie Mouse. She took his hand and walked him down to the photo area. And Mickey then took the four-year-old's hand and walked with him! It was such a cute moment I was almost in tears. And both kids were so happy about it!

This was in the Vaughan Mills mall and I think continues over the weekend. I do not know how much is on now that it is open to the general public, but I am sure that at least the photo booths will still be there. It's then traveling across Canada. See www.Letthememoriesbegintour.com.

I'm going on an adults-only trip in late October/early November, but now the kids are VERY keen to go again (we just did a week in the parks plus a cruise on the Dream last March).

Teresa

I'm very glad you had a good time. We went today to Vaughan, an hour-long drive for my family of three boys 6 and under. Today SUCKED. We got there right at 10am and they had deflated mouse-ear balloons from yesterday tucked in a corner and then the photo booths. That is it. No characters AT ALL. I was very upset and disappointed. I did not even hear about any BBB or pirate makeovers. I just thought from all the stops I've seen in other cities that there would be at least ONE character. We were in and out in five minutes.
Having come all that way, we shopped and had lunch, too, not leaving until 2:30pm, and there were still no characters or anything special each time we walked by. (We parked outside Bass Pro, so had to go by the Disney station to get to our car, and we ate at the Johnny Rockets right there, so I doubt I missed something. There was nothing to miss.
Again, I'm glad to hear some kids had a magic moment.

AJ

Wow, I am so sorry to hear that. It was an hour and a half drive each way for us, too, but at least the kids had some fun. That really, really sucks.

Teresa

Thank you for listening to me vent. ;) I still have the blurry pics my kids ruined by wiggling to look forward to in the next 48 hours. :rotfl:

AJ

we were going to go bust an 1.5 hr drive for a photo op and a disney outlet no thanks. lol now if it had been at the eaton centre i would've been there in a heartbeat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter