• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Let the Epcot changes begin! Character meet moves

rteetz

DIS Veteran
Much of Innoventions West will close in September. As for meet and greets here are the changes coming.

https://www.wdwmagic.com/attraction...r-spot-at-epcot-set-to-close-in-september.htm
  • Minnie Mouse will move to the World Showcase Gazebo.
  • Daisy Duck will move to the American Adventure.
  • Mickey and Goofy in a temporary Innoventions West area, but with an all new location to be in the Imagination! pavilion.
  • The location for Joy is still to be determined.
  • No mention of Baymax has been made.
https://www.wdwmagic.com/attraction...s-following-the-closure-of-character-spot.htm

Much of Innoventions West will close in September. As for meet and greets here are the changes coming.

https://www.wdwmagic.com/attraction...r-spot-at-epcot-set-to-close-in-september.htm
  • Minnie Mouse will move to the World Showcase Gazebo.
  • Daisy Duck will move to the American Adventure.
  • Mickey and Goofy in a temporary Innoventions West area, but with an all new location to be in the Imagination! pavilion.
  • The location for Joy is still to be determined.
  • No mention of Baymax has been made.
https://www.wdwmagic.com/attraction...s-following-the-closure-of-character-spot.htm
I am really looking forward to seeing Epcot refreshed. Thanks for the information.

Thanks for the updates as always @rteetz. I really do wish they would give a little more information-especially about Baymax, we will be there 8/31-9/9 and will have new found fans of Baymax, I'd hate to miss him!

Wonder when Winnie the Pooh will start back in the UK and if it will be in Christopher Robin's room like it was before-that was so cute.

It's too bad they're being all split like this. Being able to bang them out all in one place was really nice. I guess this is the cost of progress.

Future World needs this progress. Literally the only reason the character spot is there anyway is because there was a massive empty space needing to be filled. But the loss of convenience does suck.

I haven't really followed any concept art, other than the pretty entrance, do we know how we'll be able to move from Pavilion to pavilion?

I read that Club Cool will also be closing - but will come back in another form.....

Epcot is going to be a shell of itself for a while.....

I haven't really followed any concept art, other than the pretty entrance, do we know how we'll be able to move from Pavilion to pavilion?
I'm still guessing it will end up some version of the Blue Sky art they released a while back, which looks like there's a huge store out in front of Odyssey. The new widening of the path by the Imagination pavilion seems to back up that they're following the concept in some way, that looks like the biggest swatch of walkway coming from the world showcase that supports several stands and ends over by test track.

I can't figure what the big building on the lower left side is, I would guess the one with the floating triangles would be the new mouse gear.

I'm still guessing it will end up some version of the Blue Sky art they released a while back, which looks like there's a huge store out in front of Odyssey. The new widening of the path by the Imagination pavilion seems to back up that they're following the concept in some way, that looks like the biggest swatch of walkway coming from the world showcase that supports several stands and ends over by test track.

I can't figure what the big building on the lower left side is, I would guess the one with the floating triangles would be the new mouse gear.
View attachment 413796
You will see buildings knocked down and major changes. Some will stay though. So it won't be exactly like that art.

I'm sure whatever they're going to do is going to be awesome, but the growing pains are going to suck. I'm still going to miss the Epcot that exists today.

I really don't get how they can't integrate the Fountain of Nations into whatever is in the future... it's just so iconic.

"It's just so haaaaard to say goodbye to yesterday."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter