Lesson Learned: Don't try to be early on EMH morning

I think that this is really getting to the heart of the matter. Unless I was misreading certain posts, it seemed as if the point being made was that offsite guests cannot get past the TTC on EMH mornings and can never make their way to the area outside the MK. But from what I have experienced, they can get to the outside area of the MK. They just can't get through the turnstiles. (Nor should they). Anyone who makes their way to a monorail resort can then take the resort monorail to the MK station, and anyone at the Contemporary can walk to the MK. They simply cannot get any further than that, unless they have an in park ADR. The TTC is not a detention center for offsite guests. Well, I suppose it is for most of them. But there are ways to get from the TTC to the outside area of the MK as long as one passes through a resort first. I think this is where some of the confusion was coming from.
Thanks for getting to the heart of the matter. There is way more bickering over who was rude than any question answering here so kudos.

If I run into this problem I will just go to the Contemporary Resort to eat or shop and then walk over to MK. Problem solved.

This kind of response is why all of the details are helpful to have in your first post. Treating people like they are idiots when they offer advice based on only the details you have given them is not exactly polite or nice either. And has now turned this whole discussion into "who has been more rude"
Treating people like they are idiots because they didn't know something you think they *should* know isn't polite or nice, either.

Treating people like they are idiots because they didn't know something you think they *should* know isn't polite or nice, either.

No. But it simply made this thread into Who Was More Rude. :sad2: Telling people they are rude by calling them stupid and being highly sarcastic is only guaranteed to fan the flames even more.

At any rate, my trip is done, so, you know what, time to be done with disboards. Sure, maybe I could stay and try and help some other newbie, but quite honestly, it's not worth it. It sure didn't get me far on this post. And maybe next time, some of the know it all veterans can try to remember that no, not everyone reads everything on here, knows everything, always has the option of doing everything by these boards rules. That sometimes people have to make choices or plans that go against the cardinal DIS rules. And when that happens - keep your "you should have known better or what's the big deal" comments to yourself. They're not helpful, and are in fact rude and insulting. And if you really feel the need to say something, then take a second and think about how you're wording your "advice".

That is my number one complaint about this board: the "you should have known better" posts and that is what kept me a lurker for so long.

This was the first I heard of this and I've been going to Disney for years. Thanks for the heads up, OP!

This thread has gotten ridiculous, but at this point I've decided that is the intention here, since the OP wants the thread closed.

I will never understand why people get so upset over what strangers on the Internet have to say.

Post 2, 3, and especially 5
If you have a problem with post #2 (written by me), it is because of what you have in your heart, not because of the words in the post. I was adding to what the OP said, not criticizing the OP. I could have worded it better to make that clear, but I had no idea that people would immediately assume the worst. How sad.

We were that guest :) Which was basically the point of my post - when you're a non-resort guest, it doesn't matter if you drive or not, you have to go to the TTC first, and they will not let you use the monorail or ferry boats until 8:45. So it doesn't matter how you get there, you do not get to go any further than the TTC until that time.

I have no idea why I said non-resort guest, I meant to say resort guest. My comment doesn't really make any sense as is, because as you said, that was your exact experience.

If you have a problem with post #2 (written by me), it is because of what you have in your heart, not because of the words in the post. I was adding to what the OP said, not criticizing the OP. I could have worded it better to make that clear, but I had no idea that people would immediately assume the worst. How sad.

You don't owe anyone an apology.

I guess I assumed that the OP knew the tip about avoiding EMH parks if you're an offsite guest, but chose to do it anyway for a more important, overriding reason ... one that we're not privy to. And that happens all the time. The park is NOT the recommended park, but, say it's the one day you could get the BOG reservation or the CRT reservation ... or it's your last day and you want to end the trip at MK ... or you were supposed to go to MK yesterday, but someone wasn't feeling well or a hundred other valid reasons.

In assuming this, I didn't think the responses about avoiding EMH were helpful or applicable, at least not to OP. But maybe those responses were meant as a warning to others reading along, rather than to flog the OP. That could be one area where maybe intent was read wrong. Some responses did seem like flogging, and I think we can understand why that felt like piling on to the OP in that moment ... whether that was the intent or not. We were sitting in A/C being academic, while OP was in the throes of trip complications. I'm just one person, but I cringed when I read some of those responses. Well meaning or not, some comments didn't seem kind.

And you know, the point OP raised was something it appears not many of us knew, and the information is bound to benefit someone at some point.

That's interesting, considering you "liked" several posts saying that exact thing, here on this very thread.
Creepy. :scared: If you would have continued with the stalking, you would have seen all the other posts I liked in the thread, too.

Creepy. :scared: If you would have continued with the stalking, you would have seen all the other posts I liked in the thread, too.

No stalking involved, all it took was a click on the "likes" back in post #3, which was made by me. So, technically, I was stalking myself. I'm a pretty amazing person to stalk, I might add.

No the first rule is always quote the original poster if you are the first response after.
No. That is Rule #2. Rule #1 is:

Your experience is the only one that matters, and the only one that is "right". If others did not experience what you experienced, it is either because they were unlucky, or doing something wrong. :duck:

Technically we never even gave the quote rule a number it was always just "The Rule".

As an example

"The Rule People, the Rule"

And then the person would quote the OP so that it didn't get deleted once the thread got hot.

If you're not a resort guest, don't bother trying for rope drop on an extra magic hour morning - there isn't any. While I knew they wouldn't let us into the park until 9:00, I didn't realize they won't even let you on the monorails or boat! They make you stand at the TTC until 8:45, and by the time you finally get through the mob, onto your chosen transportation and into the park it's about 9:15. That was a fun meltdown with DD being stuck in the sun for 30 minutes at the TTC this morning. So, tip of the day: sleep in on EMH if you're not a Disney resort guest, or go a different day.

Wow. What a lot of responses for what was a really good tip. I've been to WDW many times and am now considering my first offsite trip. Never knew this could be an issue and I'm glad OP shared.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter