Length of hallways at the Boardwalk

MickeyCrazed

DIS Veteran
Years ago, I recall someone posting the actual distance of the hallways at the Boardwalk Villas, but I am on able to locate that thread. Can anyone please point me to those stats? We will be traveling with someone who is disabled, and I am trying to convince them that a scooter is necessary for this trip.

Thank you

I can't tell you the distance, however as walking disabled myself, those hallways might as well have been a mile long. Do make sure you request to be near an elevator. I finally gave in to a scooter two years ago and it has made the trips enjoyable and memorable and given us opportunities to do things we really want to do. I promise, your companion will look forward to each and every day rather than dread it. Enjoy!

Years ago, I recall someone posting the actual distance of the hallways at the Boardwalk Villas, but I am on able to locate that thread. Can anyone please point me to those stats? We will be traveling with someone who is disabled, and I am trying to convince them that a scooter is necessary for this trip.

Thank you

The hallways at BWV are nothing compared to the distances anyone must travel in order to navigate the parks or Disney Springs. In fact, you can request close to the elevators at BWV for medical purposes and you probably won't be all that far down the hallway.

I wouldn't use the hallway length to try to convince someone to get a scooter, I'd focus more on the parks and Disney Springs. I know that many people are sensitive and proud about acknowledging their lack of mobility, but they wouldn't be doing anyone in your group any favors by trying to "tough it out".

But, in answer to your question, Caskbill measured the longest distance from the elevator to the farthest room at BWV and it was 820 feet.

Link: Caskbill measures BWV hallway

So that's not a short distance...but in comparison a walk around the lake at EPCOT is about 5,300 feet.

Last edited:
Here now, right at the end of the hall (per my request). I don’t find them bad at all. I also don’t mind Kidani.

I stayed at Yacht Club a couple of years ago, our room was near the Dolphin. I think it was longer than BWV.

Over 10 days this Xmas I averaged 25000 steps a day at WDW, some days were 35000 although admittedly I did a few short morning runs in there.
I stayed at Beach Club and BLT.
When I stayed at Boardwalk last year, we had a room (requested) very end opposite tennis courts, at the back corner near the stairwell that opens onto HWS path.
When at Boardwalk I wasn’t doing any more steps than I did at BLT. As above, concentrate on overall steps needed at WDW which is large, not the corridor.

Over 10 days this Xmas I averaged 25000 steps a day at WDW, some days were 35000 although admittedly I did a few short morning runs in there.
I stayed at Beach Club and BLT.
When I stayed at Boardwalk last year, we had a room (requested) very end opposite tennis courts, at the back corner near the stairwell that opens onto HWS path.
When at Boardwalk I wasn’t doing any more steps than I did at BLT. As above, concentrate on overall steps needed at WDW which is large, not the corridor.
What are steps in miles?

For me personally, when I'm in the parks there are things to look at while I'm walking and I'm happy to be there. When I'm in the hall walking back to my room at BWV, there is nothing to look at and I'm not happy to be there (and by "there" I mean in the hallway walking to my room, not BWV in general). So the walk down the hall seems to take forever.

They are "The Shinning" long.
Lol, WLV hallways is ‘dead’ ringer.

All the distance one walks in WDW, what’s another 3 minutes or so factored in; more steps on fitbit :)

At WL, AKJ & BWV standard studios, I actually request those far flung rooms. They are typically quieter, less foot traffic outside the door & generally there is a nearby exit which can be of assistance (closer to parking lot, pool, park route when walking).

We've gotten the best laughs walking back to our room at the end... you think you are almost there but...not! One trip a friend and I were laughing so hard that she lost one of her contact lens'! AKL Kidani is almost as funny!

We've gotten the best laughs walking back to our room at the end... you think you are almost there but...not! One trip a friend and I were laughing so hard that she lost one of her contact lens'! AKL Kidani is almost as funny!

Yea the hallways at those two resorts are cut out if the same mold. The theming not at all!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter