Legoland, closer to Orlando or Tampa ?

minnie4me

DIS Veteran
If it is Tampa, or there isn't a big difference in drive time, are there any really nice resorts, like GF, 4 star type, in the area? Looking for a mini vacation in early Nov and DS would love to go to Legoland, but the rest of trip needs to be chill time by the pool.

If it is Tampa, or there isn't a big difference in drive time, are there any really nice resorts, like GF, 4 star type, in the area? Looking for a mini vacation in early Nov and DS would love to go to Legoland, but the rest of trip needs to be chill time by the pool.

Just went on the Legoland site and it has a route planner. When I did WDW to Legoland it said it was 38 miles and Tamper to Legoland was 54 miles!
It also said the driving times but I forgot to take them down! But I suppose there isn't too much difference to drive the extra 16 miles.:)

If you are looking for a deluxe resort stay at GF and drive to Legoland. There isn't a lot of hotels near Legoland.

It's well west of Orlando, but still closer to Orlando (and especially Disney World) than Tampa.

Nicest, closest resort would probably be the Omni at Champions Gate, and that's still a good 25 minutes away. There's not much else out that way, at least not yet.

We do like Omni hotels. Have stayed in the one in Pittsburgh and DC. Is there enough to do right at the hotel to keep DS (9) occupied for like 3 days. Want to relax and avoid all other parks, even though we have WDW tix. If we went 2nd weekend in Nov, do you think it is warm enough to swim. I imagine most hotel pool are heated.
How far is the Omni from the Orlando airport? We usually take WDW transportation, so would need to rent car & drive.

We do like Omni hotels. Have stayed in the one in Pittsburgh and DC. Is there enough to do right at the hotel to keep DS (9) occupied for like 3 days. Want to relax and avoid all other parks, even though we have WDW tix. If we went 2nd weekend in Nov, do you think it is warm enough to swim. I imagine most hotel pool are heated..

Here's the link to the hotel's website: http://www.omnihotels.com/FindAHotel/OrlandoChampionsGate/GuestRoomsAndSuites.aspx

Dick Taylor

This may help a little.

From Orlando/ Disney Area, Disney is exit 62 and the Legoland (hwy 27) exit is 55.(The exit numbers on I4 correspond to the mile markers) from I4 and 27 its about a 20-25 minute drive. Its all a straight shot with 1 turn, and that would be right onto Cypress Gardens Blvd.

From TIA, depending on which way you come in, itll be closer to an hour.

As far as hotels, there are several in the area( I work for the Winter haven Fire Dept, and we are 3rd due to Legoland. Were doing a walk thru in about 2 weeks) though no 4 star yet. Theres 2 that are planned, but not even designed yet. Theres a Best Western, just outside the gates, Holiday Inn, and a Hampton Inn,about 5 miles west of the park,on Cypress Gardens Blvd a Days Inn and a Howard Johnson on 3rd street about 2 minutes past the Holiday and Hampton Inns.Those are the ones Id recomend. Theres plenty of rest in the area, from Longhorns, to Red Lobster, to Olive Garden and Carrabbas. Theres also 2 Super Walmarts, and a Kmart within 5 minutes of each other.

We do like Omni hotels. Have stayed in the one in Pittsburgh and DC. Is there enough to do right at the hotel to keep DS (9) occupied for like 3 days. Want to relax and avoid all other parks, even though we have WDW tix. If we went 2nd weekend in Nov, do you think it is warm enough to swim. I imagine most hotel pool are heated.
How far is the Omni from the Orlando airport? We usually take WDW transportation, so would need to rent car & drive.

Most likely it will be, though weve had our share of cooler weather. I dont know about the hotel, but Fantasy of Flight is about 20 minutes east of the Omni, and it has a lot of vintage planes on display, and tours. Your not far from 192, and theres a few things over there worth seeing.

From Legoland to either downtown Orlando OR Downtown Tampa, it's pretty similar in distance,more or less at least around an hour without traffic.But Legoland to WDW is obviously less.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter