Leftover points?

luna99

Oh great. Now we've got a yeti. - Jamie from Mythb
How many of you actually use every single point that you get every year?

I'm not a DVC member yet but I would imagine that there are always a few stragglers when it comes to points that you have to bank into next year.. am I right?

Do you use ALL of your points each year? (if you take a vacation that year)

We bank points nearly every year. Usually it's around 20...sometimes more...sometimes less, and sometimes we end up both banking and borrowing in the same year if we inadvertently bank and then decide to travel again (that means we have to borrow).

We are always short of points. Our use year is October and we currently have 105 points left until October of 2009! Now we also have trips booked for April, May, July, Nov and Dec of this year.

We use ALL of them every year and usually borrow some from the next use year. :rolleyes1

We are always short of points. Our use year is October and we currently have 105 points left until October of 2009! Now we also have trips booked for April, May, July, Nov and Dec of this year.

I'm in your club. I use every single point every year. The only time I bank points is when I plan on staying extra long the following year. :love:

I need to borrow every year from our HH contract because we have only 100 points and we need 110 for each trip(1 bedroom early June)..though we skipped last year so we now have 111 in our 9/08 use year..so we will have 1 left over..though this year we started booking 2 bedrooms which is 140 for when we go..so we'll be back to borrowing soon. LOL

Our BWV points-we have 225 and we pretty much always bank. If we stay at the Boardwalk it's usually around 160 ish points per trip, if we stay at the BC it's 215ish, either way we've got a little cushion.

We bought more points than we needed thinking when our kids were a little older and wouldn't want to share the pull out couch anymore, we would start gettinga 2 bedroom at WDW.

We use ALL of them every year and usually borrow some from the next use year. :rolleyes1

Same here....I didn't even get my April 08 points yet.....and I already used them for my april and oct trips.....plus borrowed some 09 points:lmao:
Kerri

I maximize and make the most of my 210 points, and I never ever lose them. I bank them, but that hasn't happened in a long time, I usually have to borrow and even sometimes buy extra points.

:confused3 leftover points, what are they :teeth:

The only time we will have left over is if we bank to use for a longer trip/bigger accommodation the following year. I am getting the feeling that in 2010 we will need all of our 09, 10 and 11 points plus more :eek: That may mean a new small add on somewhere!!

Claire ;)

I do ALL OF THE ABOVE. I would never LOSE one single point. I will borrow just to go on a trip to use that last point. :rotfl: I will always use what we have.

Left over points? What are those?
I've already got the add on planned for 2009, for use in 2010 when I'm completely out of points. Now if I could only figure out a way to bank the MF's...

When we first purchased our BWV resale in Feb '01, we had 69 points that needed to be used by May 31. We weren't going to Disney during that time (the kids were little and we couldn't go without them), so we used 66 points for a weekend in Vermont, so that left us with 3 points that we didn't use. Killed me! :laughing: This year, we forgot to bank our points, but rather than lose them, we're just making an unplanned trip to Disney. (But, we also had to borrow to do that.)

Same here....I didn't even get my April 08 points yet.....and I already used them for my april and oct trips.....plus borrowed some 09 points:lmao:
Kerri

Same with us.......:rotfl:

But usually we have some to bank.
We do both, bank and borrow depending on the trips. I tend to be more careful with the BCV points, trying to save them.
We will have 9 BCV to bank into 09 use year, but all of our SSR for 08 and most of 09 have been used up already.

We are bankers. We bank some points every year. We're going to bank 101 AKV points to our 2009 UY to have a nice stay in a 2-br come May, 2009. We have an April UY.

Using a load of VWL points during the 2008 UY. Will bank maybe 12 to 2009. Also an April UY.

We've owned 9 years now I think, and I guarantee we have NEVER lost a point :rotfl2: We're always borrowing or banking, when we started going less, we sold one contract, so we're still good even though our vacation pattern has changed.

We bank every year -- but this year we are in trouble. I had two reservations booked for overlapping dates in April -- uncertain of which we'd keep vs cancel. It turns out that the first one booked used banked points and the second used current year points. We cancelled the first one booked ... and now have 110 points that can't be banked and must be used this use year. (I should have known better. Sure wish the system used the oldest points at time of consumption rather than at reservation ... Sigh.)

We bank every year -- but this year we are in trouble. I had two reservations booked for overlapping dates in April -- uncertain of which we'd keep vs cancel. It turns out that the first one booked used banked points and the second used current year points. We cancelled the first one booked ... and now have 110 points that can't be banked and must be used this use year. (I should have known better. Sure wish the system used the oldest points at time of consumption rather than at reservation ... Sigh.)
Can't Member Services switch them around?

How many of you actually use every single point that you get every year?

I'm not a DVC member yet but I would imagine that there are always a few stragglers when it comes to points that you have to bank into next year.. am I right?

Do you use ALL of your points each year? (if you take a vacation that year)
We used to do a lot of banking and I even rented points out a few times. We recently sold one of our contracts and now we're in borrow status :scared1:.

We have never ever had to bank since purchasing in '02. I always borrow ahead. I wish one could borrow further then a year out! We have 2 contracts for a total of 320 pts, UY March. For '09 UY we have 40 pts left, but we are going in Apr, May, June Sept and Dec!

Viva la DVC!!!!

Terry

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter