Left Coast Dads, I need some help

Twin Dad

DIS Dad #704
Looks like we might be going to DLR this year (long story). I've got some quick questions:

What are the best hotels around DLR?

Is Paradise Pier or Disneyland Hotel worth the extra cost?

We're going four days. Do we also need park hoppers?

thanks for your help.

Looks like we might be going to DLR this year (long story). I've got some quick questions: What are the best hotels around DLR? Is Paradise Pier or Disneyland Hotel worth the extra cost? We're going four days. Do we also need park hoppers? thanks for your help.
Only been once a couple of years ago and stayed at Grand Californian as this is only DVC resort. If you stay at D l hotel everything is a walk, Dowtwon Disney, Ca Adventure and DL Park. Plus you get an early entry staying at Dis hotel. The entrance to both parks face each other so it is a 2 minute walk from one to the other which is why we did hoppers. There is actually more attractions at DL Park than Magic Kingdom so you can spend a full day at each park if you want to save on the hoppers. We did 4 day hoppers but could have easily done both parks in 3.

We are going again in March staying at Grand California again and doing 3 day park hoppers. Gonna spend a couple of other days doing the Hollywood & Burbank tourist stuff. Hope this helps.

Nevered stayed in a Disney hotel at DLR, but have stayed in a couple of Good Neighbor ones. I really liked the Anaheim Desert Inn & Suites. It is right across the street from DLR and was nicely priced. It was a little run down, but clean and had a good staff. Also it has free wifi and FREE CONTINENTAL BREAKFAST! I felt it was closer than the bus stops at MK and Epcot.

We do park hoppers when we are there as the parks are so close to each other.

Thanks for the input. Looks like we'll be waiting a year after all. I really thought DW was going to say to heck with it, lets go.

We stayed at Paradise Pier and the folks there are awesome. We had a preferred view room, which looked out over the Paradise Pier section of California Adventure Park. We could also see the tops of the Matterhorn and Sleeping Beauty Castle over at Disneyland Park. I've linked a picture of the view for reference. At night, we could see World of Color from our room, and they have a channel on the TV that broadcasts the audio from it.

I would definitely get park hoppers, because the parks are right next to each other. you can walk out of one and right into the other. When we went, they only had fireworks at Disneyland Park on the weekend nights, so it was nice having the option to enjoy that park, then walk over to California Adventure Park to grab a beer and watch WoC.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter