leaving in 10 days...

sneezy1956

Mouseketeer
OK folks I'm on my way in 10 days...I talked to my doctor yesterday and he wants me out of the sun as much as humanly possible.

I'll be in a ECV, but I hadn't planned on a GAC :(

What do I ask for at guest services? I have sun sensitivity because of the meds I take for RA. Do I tell them in addtion to the ECV I have medical sun sensitivity or do I just try to stay out of the sun and use lots of sun block?

LOL! I just realized my question above looks like it's in some kind of code! ECV, GAC, RA :)

I would still get the gac. I break out something fierce due to the sun and sometimes I get sun poisioning.

Have fun and I send you lots of pixie dust.

Thank you! I burn so easy because of the meds. I have only asked for GAC for my son who used to be a very bad asthmatic now under control. I always asked if we could wait in a cool area for him.

I guess I'll just tell them I can't be in prolonged sunlight and play it by ear :)

I would definitely get a GAC. Just stop by Guest Relations at the first park you enter. Also, do not forget to bring a light colored towel to cover the seat, handle controls, whatever. That FL sun can be VERY HOT! Have fun!!

Oh thanks for the towel reminder! I didn't have it on my packing list!!!!! DUH!

Thanks so much!

They actually have a preprinted message to stamp on the GAC that says to allow the GAC holder to wait out of the sun when the queue is in the sun for a "prolonged period of time". What exactly is a "prolonged period of time" is not defined, but if you ask for a GAC that allows you to wait out of the sun, I guarantee that you will not be the first to request it. Many of the queues are shaded or protected quite a bit from the sun, but the space between queues isn't, so even if you get a GAC, make sure you have brought protection with you. And don't forget to cover your thighs. You can get a bad burn there because they are pointed right in the sun the whole time you are sitting.

Thanks Sue! I have mostly Capris with me so that should help with the sun on thighs. I have 45 sun protection I'll wear while we are there and I've got a light weight scarf for the tops of my legs while not in capris.

I just never really thought about the sun bothering me all that much. The doctor said that to much sun could cause my meds to give me reactions. I know it causes me to burn more, but I never thought of a reaction. So I'll stay in the shade as much as possible.

Originally posted by sneezy1956
Oh thanks for the towel reminder! I didn't have it on my packing list!!!!! DUH! Thanks so much!

I cannot imagine riding around WDW in an ECV at this time of year without a towel :). I usually just take one from our room (in case you do not want to bring one from home).

The doctor said that to much sun could cause my meds to give me reactions.
Depending on the medication, the reaction could be worse than a sunburn. Some meds give a bumpy, itchy red rash if you get too much sun. So, you probably don't want to have to worry about getting anything other than a burn.
Good luck and have fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter