Leaving Friday - HELP!

susanlisa

Earning My Ears
Help!!!

All of a sudden I’m going to Orlando! I’ve been invited to tag along with a girlfriend. She is attending a veterinary conference in Orlando. We will arrive in Orlando late Friday night and leave late Monday night. We are not staying at a WDW hotel.

I could use help and suggestions on things for me to do by myself while she attended conference sessions and things for us to do together at night.

I feel like I’m in a pinch because I just found out I’m going and today is Wednesday and we leave on Friday

Only Two days

Any ideas of help or good quick resources for help!!
Thanks so much
Susan

Where exactly are you staying. If you are staying in International Drive, you will have no problem finding many things to do within walking distance.

Of course you know about disney, there is also universal/IOA and Sea World/Discovery Cove. Any of those are great on your own. Point Orlando on I-drive for shopping. You could also catch a cab to Florida Mall (I think called something else now since they have added all the great stores and fixed it up so much..either way..it is excellent). There are also all the outlet malls, belz and the premium ones. Great for looking around or doing some shopping.

will you have a car?

then ask at the front desk for directions but go to the Visitors Center.

Hi ~ Welcome and how lucky are you??? Can I tag along?? LOL!

Okay, since you're not at WDW resorts, you must be on International Drive right?? Be sure to check out PointeOrlando, it's great for shopping and eating, tons of great people watching too. And you can wander to the Peabody and see the ducks! Thats so amazing! And if you want, take a cab to the outlet stores, they rock! Have fun!

It sounds like you do not plan to do the theme parks, but if you do and would like to meet at one of the WDW parks or at USF/IOA just so you won't be alone, <B><a href="mailto:info@magicaldisney.com">e-mail me</A></B>. I have a Annual Pass to Disney and Universal, so either would work for me if you'd like to hang out at the parks while your friend is in the conference.

Depending on where you are staying, your hotel <I>may</I> provide free transportation to WDW or Universal. <I>Downtown Disney</I> is another option.

Hi everyone!
Thanks so much for the suggestions so far. So to be late posting additional info – but just got it. I will be staying at the Park Inn and Suites on W. Irlo Bronson Memorial Hwy in Kissimmee, FL. I will have a rental car.

I have Saturday ‘day’ and Monday ‘day’ on my own. On Sunday my friend would like to join me around 2pm and maybe do Epcot. Do they still have fireworks at Epcot every night?

Also we want to do something fun for dinner on Saturday night. We heard about something, I think it is called the boardwalk or maybe pleasure island? Any thoughts

Thanks so much for your help. Yikes I leave tomorrow and don’t even know what I’m wearing! Any thoughts on what sort of purse or tote bag I should bring? Should I bring a rain coat for this weekend?

It is snowing and freezing rain here in Michigan – going away for a long weekend is truly wonderful!
Susan

Have a great time, and they do have fireworks, Illuminations at Epcot every night.

Bobbi :D

susanlisa said:
Any thoughts on what sort of purse or tote bag I should bring? Should I bring a rain coat for this weekend?
It's smart to carry a small umbrella (such as a Pocket Totes or similar), since there is <I>always</I> at least a slight chance of rain in central FL. But it's been in the high seventies here this week and supposed to be eighty-something tomorrow. There is another "cold spell" predicted for next week. If it arrives a bit early, you may need a warm jacket in the evening. But since you are from cold country, what they call "cold" here may not bother you. :D

As for the kind of purse or tote to bring, all I can say is the less you carry, the happier you will be. It also makes security checks at the parks easier. So just don't carry anything at the parks or PI that you don't really need. Use the smallest and lightest weight bag that will comfortably hold your necessities.

BW is on the BW area - Epcot resort area - it is the entire in front of BWI and BWV.

PI is in DD.

both do not have a cover charge these days.

If you wish to go in one of the clubs there is a cover charge.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter