Least busy???

Bossy22

DIS Veteran
My family and I are planning a trip to see Disneyland at Christmas. As a teacher, we have always went in the summer (once in spring break, ouch) and am looking forward to less crowds (I know there is no real down time. I have narrowed it down to November 12-19, but I noticed the hotel I am booking is actually cheaper the next week (during American Thanksgiving, I'm Canadian). Am I crazy, shouldn't it be less busy the week before thanksgiving than thanksgiving??? Thanks for all your help!!!

BEFORE Thanksgiving. The week of Thanksgiving, especially the 4 day weekend itself, are among the most crowded days of the year.

If you want the least busy time around Christmas I would say go the week after Thanksgiving or the first week of December. But it will still be very busy.

We were there this last week thinking it wouldn't be busy as it wasn't 8years ago lol. Wow if this is Disney at its slow time I'd be afraid of what busy time looks like now!

If that's the time you can go, go the week before Thanksgiving. Lots of schools have the whole week of Thanksgiving off.

definitely want to AVOID the week of thanksgiving !!
im also from Canada and can always find cheap flights that week but the crowds are BRUTAL that week down there !!!

11/12 is a half marathon. Try checking the hotel rate if you arrive on the 13th or 14th. It's also likely to be the first official week of Christmas, which will draw crowds. Holiday crowds aren't really going to be less than Summer on average. The weather will likely be different, though.

My family and I are planning a trip to see Disneyland at Christmas. As a teacher, we have always went in the summer (once in spring break, ouch) and am looking forward to less crowds (I know there is no real down time. I have narrowed it down to November 12-19, but I noticed the hotel I am booking is actually cheaper the next week (during American Thanksgiving, I'm Canadian). Am I crazy, shouldn't it be less busy the week before thanksgiving than thanksgiving??? Thanks for all your help!!!

We have been at various times through the month of November and it's been busier than expected.
If you look at November in this link, you'll find there are some fairly big events happening through out the month. Not to mention the holidays of Veterans Day and Thanksgiving.
https://www.disboards.com/threads/2017-calendar-of-events-school-breaks-and-dlr.3528760/

To avoid the larger crowds in November we have tried going the first part of December. While it's not as busy, we still have found the parks to be busier than expected.

The only thing a person can do these days is pick a time and hope for the best. Looking at the information in link can give you an idea.

Enjoy your visit
Geemo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter