• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Least Busy dates? Ha-ha I know....

chai

Planning trip #14 - Staying at Dolphin's Cove
DH and I have been to Disney/DCA half-dozen times or so with kids, working around holidays, school, etc. Now we are early-retired and planning a "just the two of us" trip! My requirement: Not in the summer. Dh's requirement: Not in the Autumn (been there done that), also, avoid holidays and "special days". Don't want to go during festivals, paid night events, marathon, Dapper Days, etc, ANYTHING that would draw in tons of people.

Yeah, I know Disney is busy all the time, but what would you recommend?

Your parameters appear to make it impossible to help you. So I guess Winter in between the holidays and the times around the Spring Break season of March and April is your best option. Early March/Late April. I would say May but you don't want to be there when there's paid nights and that will be the case with Grad Nites and Star Wars Nites.

Honestly, not sure it’s possible. Just off the top of my head, looking at the first part of the year:

DCA Lunar New Year from about 3d week of January through mid-February
President’s Day weekend
Sweetheart Nites some nights in February
Then spring break time and Easter
Food & Wine at DCA
Dapper Day middle of April
Other “Nites” in the spring (this year, Princess in March, Throwback in April, Star Wars in May)
Grad Nites
Memorial Day weekend

And even if you find some time in there, DLR easily could add more “Nites” on short notice.

Your best bet might be end of April. Food & Wine ends on April 25 this year and first Star Wars Nite is May 2.

Re: autumn, it should be slower after Halloween but before the Christmas season starts (usually the second Friday in Nov, like Nov 10, 11, 12).

Thank you all! I've been watching touring videos on YouTube that were filmed in the last week, and the park looks pretty dead in the mornings. Really, there is no bad day at Disney! We stay at our timeshare, and the booking window is about to open. Looking forward to 2024!

You say no festivals, but I would consider late January/early February during the Lunar New Year festivities. We went during this time in 2021 and were able to get decent hotel discounts for staying on property and also found the crowds to be very manageable. I don't feel like the Lunar New Year pulls in crowds like things like Food and Wine. The food booths themselves would have long lines but you could just avoid those if you wanted.

IMO- you're setting yourself up for disappointment. Disney is busy nearly everyday, all the time- just take your time and enjoy.

There's really no "off season" as they've added events and festivals during (what used to be) slower days, plus selling more Magic Keys they can open that reservation block calendar and fill the park pretty quickly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter