Leaked Plans for AVATAR at AK available online

Looks like a 4-theater Soarin' type attraction for the main show and then there's a boat ride that crosses through the building (and isnt fully shown) at one of the lower levels of the building.

It does appear to be a variation on Soarin' with a 3D film instead of 2D. There are also hopes that it will have more actual movement the Soarin.

It does appear to be a variation on Soarin' with a 3D film instead of 2D. There are also hopes that it will have more actual movement the Soarin.

Soarin' over Pandora?

I'm hoping it's an upgrade from Soarin. I'm one of the few people that think Soarin' is a subpar ride.

This article came out on the 23rd:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/23/james-cameron-the-informationist-director_n_2006533.html

Two quotes jump out at me:

James Cameron might be getting out of the "'Avatar' business."

Of course, that's slightly different than what Cameron said earlier this year. The director told the New York Times that he was done making movies that weren't set on Pandora.

Wonder if there's a connection and if so I'm missing it.

Cameron isn't making anymore Pandora movies at this time because he will be focused on the Disney project and this other film wouldn't require as much of him?

I'm still not on board but am excited for those who are.

Mostly, I do not want it to be a bust for Disney regardless of how I personally feel about it.

Well this is really disappointing then because Avatar was pretty lame. It was Pocahontas but with blue aliens. Never saw it in theaters and I deleted it after one watch.

I really hope it happens! Animal Kingdom needs something else! I feel like this would be just awesome!

Well, Soarin is kinda lame in some ways. It's just a big California commercial with bad segues and no plot. However, the ride mechanism is pretty ingenious and it is fun to dangle out there.
This Avatar ride would add all the plusses that people have been speculating would be good additions to Soarin. Digital projection, 3D, and the lack of bad cut scenes as there is probably a story line you progress through. Maybe even mutliple possible random stories.
If we assume that they are using the gondola based motion simulators that they showed earlier we can also expect a better range of motion over what we currently experience with Soarin. You'd be enclosed in a type of vehicle though so there would be no leg dangle, so that might be a big minus.
If everything we've seen comes to pass, for this theater based ride, it will probably be more entertaining if not exciting than Soarin.

I'm still not on board but am excited for those who are.

Mostly, I do not want it to be a bust for Disney regardless of how I personally feel about it.

Well said. I still maintain that while this is a much-needed expansion, there are other themes that would be a better fit for Disney/AK. However, if they're going to go ahead with it I hope it is successful.

Yea I just can't get excited for this. While I am glad its something new and different, I just can't get excited for Avatar. I think i still feel this way b/c I don't feel Avatar is Disney. I'm sure once more concept art comes out I will get more excited. Idk, i'm just on the fence with this one. Like the previous poster said, I don't want Disney to fail.

If I am correct..isn't there another Avitiar movie due out in the next few months?........IF so, how well that does in the threaters, may have alot to do if if Avitar gets added to DAK.

I do agree DAK needs a new land..a new draw and the Dang Yeti fixed!( I know thats a major rebiuld,but they need to do it sooner or later!)

AKK

Tonka's Skipper said:
If I am correct..isn't there another Avitiar movie due out in the next few months?........IF so, how well that does in the threaters, may have alot to do if if Avitar gets added to DAK.

I do agree DAK needs a new land..a new draw and the Dang Yeti fixed!( I know thats a major rebiuld,but they need to do it sooner or later!)

AKK

Uh, no. There are no solid plans for another avatar movie.

Any chance this E-ticket ride could be something similiar to forbidden journey at harry potter?

That is the kind of technology that Disney needs to bring Avatar to life. Just make it 3D and I will be in line waiting to ride.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter