Le Cellier Steakhouse Review with Pictures!!

Fairy_Tale_Bride

DIS Veteran
*This is a Post I took from my Trip Report!*

My DH's family, both sides, are from Canada, so that's why I picked Le Cellier. Plus, DH loves steak, so I thought it would be a perfect choice!

n25002324_31332438_4595.jpg

I had never been to Canada at World Showcase and I couldn't believe how beautiful it was!

n25002324_31332440_5198.jpg

We were starving and ready to start eating! We checked in and they were impressed with our last name because DH's family is French Canadian. No, I don't have an ounce of Canadian in me! :lmao: Le Cellier was so neat inside! I loved the feel of the restaurant! It had a very rustic feel to it and the lighting was very low. I automatically loved the ambiance! There were also Christmas decorations hung everywhere on the walls, which made it even better! It was just perfect! :goodvibes

n25002324_31332443_6101.jpg

n25002324_31332444_6395.jpg

We got seated in the back corner of the restaurant very close to a family with five children. We had one of those tables where I was seated on the booth and DH was on the other side in a chair. We were pretty crammed in there too! :crowded: I don't like feeling like I'm eating over people or they're eating over me, but we didn't have much of a choice. We could hear every table conversation! Our hostess that seated us at our table was a bit odd. She didn't really know how to talk to people at all, but I won't get into that! :rotfl2: I looked over the menu real quick and wanted to get a special drink! I saw the Chocolate Raspberry Shake and I knew that would do the trick!

n25002324_31332445_6690.jpg

Our waitress first brought us an assortment of breadsticks, which are from different parts of Canada. The pretzel bread was the best! It was so good that we just had to order more!

n25002324_31332446_6993.jpg

The one thing I was really excited about was the Canadian Cheddar Cheese Soup and really wanted to try it, but I read on the menu that there was bacon in it. :sad2: I was really hoping they just sprinkled it on top, but that wasn't the case. I had to miss out on the soup and there was just one vegetarian option on the menu, so I guess that's what I was having for lunch! :rotfl2: It was the Marinated Portabello Mushroom that was served with seared basmatic rice cakes, onion beer marmalade and finished with tomato jam. I have to explain what it is or it just looks nasty in the picture! :lmao: I'm going to be honest, it was not that good and the portion was extremely small. I mean, it was a mushroom and the rice cake had a very odd texture to it. It was not worth $15.99 and I would never pay that much for this anywhere else, but Disney! :rotfl2:

n25002324_31332447_7282.jpg

DH got the Grilled Angus Chuck Burger with fries. I was not impressed by the looks of it at all! It doesn't look like any thing too great to me! DH had a couple of fries before I took the picture and I do mean, just a couple!

n25002324_31332448_7574.jpg

Okay, so the lunch entrees were not impressing us at all. I was a bit disappointed, mainly, because I had heard so many great things about Le Cellier and read so many wonderful reviews about it on The DIS. Well, we are going to have to disagree. The food was all great, except for the main part of the meal, the main course!

We had to order desserts after the sorry excuses we had for our entrees! :rotfl2: DH didn't even really want dessert, but I told him I was getting one! After I made my order, he decided to go ahead and order the Canadian Chocolate on Chocolate Whiskey Cake! DH sure does love his chocolate cake!

n25002324_31332449_7876.jpg

I went with the Creme Brulee Sampler, maple creme brulee with carmelized sugar, and Cinnamon whipped cream vanilla creme brulee with carmelized sugar and Vanilla whipped cream. I love Creme Brulee and really liked this dessert! I also really like the Chocolate Cake, of course, I had to try it too! ;)

n25002324_31332450_8172.jpg

The yummy desserts did make up for entrees! I really loved the pretzel bread and the desserts! I doubt I will be returning because of the lack of vegetarian options and DH wasn't crazy about the options on the menu either. We enjoyed the atmosphere and we are glad we gave it a try! :thumbsup2

Thank you for posting the picture of the Pretzel Bread! My DBF had it on his last trip and loved it and can't wait for me to try it next year!!!

That picture you posted of the Canada building was beautiful! It could be a postcard!!!!

If you were not a vegetarian, I would suggest you do try it again, but for dinner next time. But since it is a steakhouse, that does not leave much for you. Have you tried Jiko at AKL? They have some interesting veggie options.

Le Cellier is one of my family's favorites - second only to Artist Point.

Thanks for the review and great photos!

TheDisneyGirl02 said:
Thank you for posting the picture of the Pretzel Bread! My DBF had it on his last trip and loved it and can't wait for me to try it next year!!!

That picture you posted of the Canada building was beautiful! It could be a postcard!!!!

You are welcome! The pretzel bread was the best part!! :teeth:

Thank you! I thought it was a beautiful shot too! :goodvibes

MEM said:
If you were not a vegetarian, I would suggest you do try it again, but for dinner next time. But since it is a steakhouse, that does not leave much for you. Have you tried Jiko at AKL? They have some interesting veggie options.

Le Cellier is one of my family's favorites - second only to Artist Point.

Thanks for the review and great photos!

I have not tried Jiko yet, but I have been to Boma. I really enjoyed it! Usually, there are a few vegetarian options for me at restaurants, but Le Cellier didn't have much at all, not even a soup! I doubt we will go back because of that reason, but there are many other vegetarian World Showcase options to try!! :)

Ok, what is up with the sorry bun on your DH's burger (was it an english muffin?) Sorry it was not wonderful for you!

I'm sorry that you didn't enjoy your meal here, it is one of our favorites. I would suggest trying it again but agree with other posters that being a vegetarian won't net you many choices at a steak house. Did you ask if they could make you a special vegetarian meal? I have heard at other restaurants that they sometimes do that.

If your dh truly loves steak, I think he would not be disappointed if you actually ordered one of their steaks. They are awesome.

Lexxiefern said:
Ok, what is up with the sorry bun on your DH's burger (was it an english muffin?) Sorry it was not wonderful for you!

Yeah, it was some kind of sourdough-English muffin thing. :rotfl2: I know he was not crazy about it at all! :rolleyes:

connorsmom911 said:
I'm sorry that you didn't enjoy your meal here, it is one of our favorites. I would suggest trying it again but agree with other posters that being a vegetarian won't net you many choices at a steak house. Did you ask if they could make you a special vegetarian meal? I have heard at other restaurants that they sometimes do that.

If your dh truly loves steak, I think he would not be disappointed if you actually ordered one of their steaks. They are awesome.

I don't think I'd get DH to go back! :lmao: He's very picky and eats less types of food than I do and I'm a vegetarian! I know....how sad! :rotfl: They wouldn't make any thing special for me. My options were the Mushroom thing and that was it! I'm so glad I did get a milkshake, so I could atleast fill up on sweets! I don't know why DH didn't order a steak. He may not have liked the toppings or side. I didn't pay much attention to the meat selections, but he is picky! DH likes it plain, plain, and more plain! :rotfl2:

Enjoyed reading your review ~ Thanx for sharing.

Lovely piccies.

Thanks for your review and the pictures. I see that the seating looks pretty tight in there. Is everyone on top of each other?

We did not like our food here either. I had the ny strip, which was supposed to be their specialty, ordered mw, one end was well done and the other end rare.

Fairy Tale Bride

Sure appreciate your feedback and your pictures!

:scratchin

We've been debating whether or not to try this place.

:tink:

Thanks for your review and the pictures. I see that the seating looks pretty tight in there. Is everyone on top of each other?

Yes, pretty much. There is no privacy and you can hear everyone's conversations and a woman right next to me decided it was a good time to breast feed. It was not the best atmosphere, that's for sure.

I always found lunch WAY inferior to dinner. I am a bloody red meat eater (show that cow a picture of fire) and was really happy with the mushroom filet. The chocolate mousse (on the kids menu that is shaped like a moose head) is awesome!

I personally found the cheddar cheese soup overrated but the pretzel sticks fab!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter