Le cellier or Biergarten?

libba

Mouseketeer
Trying to get my act together before next week when I have to make PS for our trip. Which of these two do you like better? Have heard nothing but good about Le Cellier until I read the unofficial guide which gave it a poor rating. HELP!!!

Both are very good. Which is better depends on whether you want a steak dinner or a German buffet.

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Really, it depends on you. Biergarten is more relaxed, buffet style, with an Oompa band entertaining from a stage in front of the restaurant.......

Le Cellier is more of a "sit down", type.............more intimate type ................restaurant.....

Both are great, but different atmospheres..........

:teeth: :teeth: :teeth:

I think Le Cellier is a much better restaurant, because it has better food and a more upscale atmosphere. They serve the most wonderful pretzel bread before your meal. It is also more expensive.

We tried Biergarten only once. It's not exactly fine dining, but it seems to be an authentic German food buffet. There is German Oktoberfest music and dancing entertainment, and decor and murals that suggest the Oktoberfest celebration.

Same advice as above, plus one.

Le Cellier is a good steak place. We had better steak there than we had at Narcoosees. But its a steak place - nothing about the atmosphere or the food is what you can't get at a zillion restuarants in the U.S. (Well, except the cheese soup and the chocolate moose).

Biergarten is a German buffet. While my town has a number of good German restaurants, but not all cities do. German food is a little different - i.e. everyone knows they like steak - you may not be fond of schnizle. We liked the food. The band is a little overpowering. You are seated communally (we enjoyed that both times we've been). But I find buffets to be too much work - I really want a waitress after a day in the parks.

LeCellier is my pick. The communal seating in Biergarten can be a problem. We got wedged in and had trouble getting to the buffet. Unfortunately, some of the people at our table were incredibly rude.

I'd rather sit at my own table, and we prefer the food at LeCellier.

what most are saying...German food is a bit different...my husband and I LOVED Le Cellier...great steaks! Creme Brulee was WONDERFUL! The time we went to Biergarten...it just smelled and tasted like schnizle (sp??) and I don't like cabbage..maybe that was the smell...whatever I really liked Le Cellier and the cheddar cheese soup was very tasty!
Tara

Never been to Biergarten so I can't help you there.....but we LOVE Le Cellier and always make it a point to eat there each trip!

:sunny:

Definately Le Cellier!!! Personally, I just didn't care for Biergarten at all. Something about that slightly vinegary after taste that lingered for the next several days that just didn't do it for me. Now my dad and my two year old LOVED the place, but I can do without it.

Le Cellier on the other hand was very yummy . . . . and no funny after taste!

Been to both. Biergarten is more fun! Le Cellier is much, much better food!!! It depends on what you're looking for...

I agree with Belle5, if you're looking to be entertained, the Biergarten has a polka band that plays and is cute. The food is "OK".

Le Cellier is our favorite restaurant at Disney World. In a different class than the Biergarten Buffet. YUM!!!

I would go with LeCellier also. I am guessing the unofficial guide has the same write-up about LeCellier that is in my 1998 Unofficial Guide--it has been the same for the last few years. Refers to the "recent change" to steakhouse.

I like both, but Le Cellier is better, IMHO. I agree with NCRedding about the write-up in the Unofficial Guide - it looks like it hasn't been changed in years. My current UG is out on loan right now, but I seem to recall that the guest ratings were high (or am I thinking of Passporter?) In any case, I think it's worth a shot.

We think LeCellier's atmosphere is depressing (too dark) and the food more "good to very good" (not excellent in our view). We're just not crazy about this place, though many are.

Biergarten is FUN (we do like polka music) and the food OK to good. We always have a good time here and enjoy meeting others at the table.

So it really depends on what you're looking for.

Took

I think that makes a difference. We love to go to Germany for lunch. It's good lunch food, and a great, lively atmosphere. Canada is a quieter, more refined restaurant. We love the food at both, but we usually go to Canada for dinner and Germany for lunch (but not on the same day! There's not enough prevacid in the world for that)

By the way, my kids (8,5,1) LOVE Germany. They also like Canada but only for the pretzel bread and drinks with light-up ice cubes (which are really expensive!).

Jenny

Biergarten has atmosphere, and the kind of atmosphere that can be very unique to WDW. Le Cellier's atmosphere is more urbane, but nothing that I am impressed by on that point alone.

Food-wise, Biergarten is weaker, but I like that it's different. I can't always get to a German restaurant, especially one that is themed so thoroughly. LeCellier has good food, though like someone else said, I wasn't in love with it; I don't see too much of a difference in dining experience, compared to what I can get at home at a nice steakhouse. But it completely depends on what you're looking for.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter