Le Cellier Disappointment

ErinsMommy

She believed she could, so she did
  • Been coming here and making multiple reservations on our 180 day has been our #1 top priority for the past 5+ years and sad to say our visit over Thanksgiving Holiday will likely be our last.
  • The Filet Mignon was good as was the mousse - but the poutine had some kind of weird taste to it and I sent it back.
  • Our waitress was the WORST. Never have I experienced someone at Disney so rude, argumentative and condescending. She forgot my husbands beer and his food was getting cold while he tried to get her attention to remind her he ordered one, we asked if she can please bring extra pretzel bread and she brought over 2 for a table of 3(??), she got argumentative over the foul tasting poutine, and after telling her we were paying with gift cards we had she came back with even more attitude after processing the payments practically tossing the "wallet" back on the table telling me to sign the receipts and saying one of the gift cards wasn't "valid" which was strange because when I got back to our home resort I called the number on the gift card and it was valid. So anyway we waited at the table for another 20 minutes to see if she can process another card for the "tip" since the bill portion was already paid for (despite feeling like she didn't deserve the tip, I've never stiffed someone) but it was clear she wasn't coming back and was done with us because when she came back out to take the order at the table next to us, she wouldn't look at us despite us clearly trying to get her attention - so we just got up and left.
  • Incredibly disappointing experience. Looks like our future stays at Disney will be minus LeCellier. :sad2:

Did you speak to the Manager about your service experience?
Unfortunately none of us can either help you or insure a change takes place. Most folks don't speak up and servers like that are allowed to continue on.
Sorry you had such an unpleasant experience

Did you speak to the Manager about your service experience?
Unfortunately none of us can either help you or insure a change takes place. Most folks don't speak up and servers like that are allowed to continue on.
Sorry you had such an unpleasant experience

It was already a long day and I wasn't feeling all that good, so we just left. I just hate that our once favorite place is now at the bottom of my list. Really just venting and posting my 'review' to see if others are having similarly bad experiences there -- the reviews on Facebook seem to look that way.

I'm sorry to hear that you had such an awful experience with the service at Le Cellier. We went in late-October and our meal was great. The food was good and the service was fine. I've found, over the years, that some servers are better than others (bad service can happen anywhere). I hope that you return to Le Cellier in the future and have a much better experience.

It was already a long day and I wasn't feeling all that good, so we just left. I just hate that our once favorite place is now at the bottom of my list. Really just venting and posting my 'review' to see if others are having similarly bad experiences there -- the reviews on Facebook seem to look that way.

I wouldn't let one bad waitress ruin a restaurant I loved. If it matters I had dinner at Le Ceiller in October, and had great service.

Thank you all - I guess combined with my experience then seeing the other negative reviews I just got the feeling the restaurant was going downhill,and just not looking forward to going back. DH will undoubtedly want to though and maybe I'll feel better about it by the time our 180 window opens than I do now.

When you give up the amount of resources it takes to plan a highly anticipated vacation like Disney, it can feel near devastating to have such a poor experience. We had one of those at Rose & Crown in 2015. However, when it works out, watching Illuminations from their outdoor seating area is a delight, so we booked again this past September. This time we formulated an alternate plan for if it didn't work out well; but we were granted our requested seating and our waiter was so gushing and tremendous, we were literally giddy. Needless to say, all prior trespasses have been forgiven.

I have not been impressed with Le Cellier. If I'm am going to have steak I'll dine at the Yachtsman at the Yacht Club. Never had a bad meal there.

I'm sorry you had such an unpleasant experience at one of your favorite restaurants. We love Le Cellier, too, and I am so glad that we have always had great food and such sweet and very nice servers. If I were in that same situation I would have been so angry and so disappointed, but I definitely would not stop dining there unless it did happen again. Give Le Cellier another chance. Maybe that horrid waitress will have quit or been fired by the time you return.

Sorry you had an experience like that and at a place that I have really enjoyed myself both as a kid and an adult. I wish you would have spoken to a Manager about the waitress, but I can understand why you didn't as a day in the parks and a bad dinner experience can be exhausting. I hope at some point you can go back and experience Le Cellier again.

Bad service is never ok and it is not a "disney" thing... you can't attribute it to the culture of a restaurant like that. You just drew the short straw with a bad sever. it sure can ruin a meal but none of the restaurants are ok with what you described, so I wouldn't write off a restaurant due to a bad server though I can understand just emotionally needing to take a break. Le cellier has gotten consistently mixed reviews since it became a 2TS restaurant on DDP and raised prices accordingly. Some people feel the value is not there. But the things that people complain about for the most part have always been there - crowded tables, atmosphere etc... if that never bothered you before then it shouldn't start bothering you now. Also if the prices don't bother you (and I kind of just grin and bear whatever it is at disney which is probably most of what enables them to keep raising prices) then honestly the two biggest complaints about that place don't apply to you. I wish I had fit it in on my last trip rather than Narcoossees. would have been a much better meal!

As a former Le Cellier CM, sorry that you had that experience! I just finished my program this past November so it blows my mind that you received that kind of service based on the servers we had when I left. Honestly, if I were you I would send an e-mail to someone at Disney so it gets back to management. If you know more details, they will speak to the CM and try to get to the bottom of the situation. Just to point out to some who may not know, Le Cellier cast rotate all the time because of the cultural representative program. Contracts are a year long, and you start out on podium, having to take two different tests to get into service. There are only a few full time servers, so the person you interacted with likely won't be there if/when you go back (unless she was a full time server). Anyways, sorry again you had to experience that!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter