Le Cellier dining plan question

jsinsel

Mouseketeer
We just booked Le Cellier for lunch during our May 2011 stay, and I had a question about the menu: Can you order any entree/dessert off the menu for a dining credit, or do you have to order something from the Chef's Favorites menu (which includes an entree and dessert)? I just want to make sure, since my husband is only going there for the filet mignon!

Any entree and dessert of the full menu - OR - an appetizer, entree, and dessert from the more limited chef's menu. The latter is an option if you want a 3-course meal, at the "cost" of being limited to the lower-end of the menu. This presumes the standard DDP -- if you're on Deluxe, then you get any appetizer, entree, and dessert from the full menu.

Note also that with the upcoming changes to Le Cellier on March 1, no one is yet certain what that will mean as far as a potential overhaul to the lunch menu.

Any dessert can be chosen from their menu when dining at Le Cellier with the Disney Dining Plan. The only time you are limited is if you order from the Chef's Favorite menu, in which case you also get an appetizer with the regular Dining Plan (when normally only an entree, dessert, and non-alcoholic beverage are covered under the plan). Then you are limited to just three dessert choices I believe...currently these are the maple creme brulee, chocolate "moose" and the sorbet. Since the filet is not included as an entree option on this menu, I'm assuming you would not be doing this.

Oh, and by the way, if you like chocolate...I would highly recommend the chocolate cake here.

If you are on the dining plan you are not REQUIRED to order from the Chef's Favorites menu but you do have the option.

If you choose to order from that menu, you get an appetizer (even on basic dining) but you must stick to that menu and you can't substitute anything, not even the side dishes.

If you don't want the Chefs Favorites you don't have to order them. Then you can pick any entree and dessert on the menu if you are on the basic dining plan. But you're not entitled to an appetizer.

If you are on the Deluxe dining plan you may order either way and get an appetizer.

If you are on regular dining and your husband wants filet mignon, he should NOT order from the Chefs Favorites menu. If he would like an appetizer he will have to pay extra for it, but he's entitled to the filet and any dessert. Assuming the menus are the same in May as they are now.

I would definitely check the menus online in March 2011 ...when they go to 1 credit for lunch, 2 for dinner Mar. 1, it is expected that the menus will change extensively. Could be that means the current lunch menu stays similar to what it is now, and the dinner menu goes very upscale (to match up with other signature places.)

But could also mean the lunch menu gets cheapened up some more...I could really see them dropping the filet from the lunch menu (don't think any other 1 TS place has a filet on a lunch menu...could be wrong, but don't think I've seen that.)

Thanks, everyone - I hadn't thought about them changing the lunch menu once they go to 2 credits in March. I'll have to check and make sure before we go. We haven't been to Le Cellier before, but we've heard such rave reviews that we wanted to give it a try. For those with experience, is it worth the trip if we can't order steak for lunch?

Thanks, everyone - I hadn't thought about them changing the lunch menu once they go to 2 credits in March. I'll have to check and make sure before we go. We haven't been to Le Cellier before, but we've heard such rave reviews that we wanted to give it a try. For those with experience, is it worth the trip if we can't order steak for lunch?

would depend on what the lunch menu ends up being...if it's all soup/salad/sandwiches...well, unless it's good steak sandwiches I wouldn't think it would be worth it. But will just have to see the new menu!

I'm waiting too to see how the menu change will affect our spring plans here. While I know the dinner menu is changing since they are going to 2TS, some of us also wonder if the lunch menu will change too. Will the filet be taken off the lunch menu? dunno, but waiting to find out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter