Layover Stay 1-night

BigredNole

DIS Veteran
Our reservation begins June 15th. We are driving down I95 on June 14th. I have looked at places to stay from Kingsland GA, Jax FL, St Augustine, Daytona, and into Orlando. We will only be at any hotel for 8 hours at the most. The junk hotels in Kingsland and Jax are all $80+. St Augustine and Daytona are the same way.

Anyone think it just better to drive all the way in to Orlando? We would get in about 9PM and gone by 8AM for DHS.

Is it better to just PriceLine a 3* hotel in the area and live with what we get?

If it were me and I had a goal to be at DHS in the morning I would want a hotel close to the park. If just to avoid the morning traffic through Orlando.

If it were me and I had a goal to be at DHS in the morning I would want a hotel close to the park. If just to avoid the morning traffic through Orlando.
That was the other part of my thinking. If I stayed in Jacksonville, we would need to leave by 5AM with traffic and all. Easier to just get in to Orlando at 9PM-ish. The hotel hunting is horrible because of the fees and taxes. I did get an offer for a 1BR at Wyndham Cyprus Palms for $70. No fees, no parking extra, no nothing, just $70. Plus, I know Wyndham resorts are relatively safer.

Yes - I would push the drive to Orlando and stay at the Wyndham for the night so you are rested for your first day at the park.

That was the other part of my thinking. If I stayed in Jacksonville, we would need to leave by 5AM with traffic and all. Easier to just get in to Orlando at 9PM-ish. The hotel hunting is horrible because of the fees and taxes. I did get an offer for a 1BR at Wyndham Cyprus Palms for $70. No fees, no parking extra, no nothing, just $70. Plus, I know Wyndham resorts are relatively safer.

Yes...I think I would go for getting into Orlando around 9pm and stay at Cypress Palms. That is a pretty good deal too. Get a good nights rest and be ready to hit DHS by 8am. If you stay in Jacksonville then you will have a long drive to DHS. I think going straight into Orlando and getting a nights rest makes sense. Then you will only have about a 20 minute drive in the morning. Have fun !!!! Can't wait to hear all about Reunion Resort when you get back. :surfweb:

So what did you decide? Did you drive straight thru or did you stop?? How did it go? Can't wait to hear the details when you get back. Hope you are having a WONDERFUL time !!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter