• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Layover at Newark - view of NYC??

TheMorgans

Mouseketeer
I know this is a odd question, but I know if anyone will know the answer it will be my fellow Dis-ers... :idea:

Our flight has a layover with a plane change at Newark. I would love to have a view of NYC. What can I expect to see from the plane? Does one side of the plane have a better view than the other? We have never been to NYC and I would like to catch a quick glimpse.

I know silly questions....:laughing::laughing:

Yes, you can see NYC while arriving/departing. What kind of view you have and what side of the aircraft will depend on what runway they are using and what direction they are landing.
I've had departures which go quite close to the Statue of Liberty.

I have been on approaches from the north and the south. It's really luck of the draw if you are on the correct side of the plane to see the city. It's been 4 or 5 years but each time I couldn't help noticing what is not there vs what is......:sad2:

I had a flight from JFK a couple of years ago that had a pretty good city view on takeoff.

Please don't judge NJ from the view of the airport!! There are a lot of beautiful places of NJ that one cannot see from the airport!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter