LAX, Sequoia, coast, 3 days DL June 08

lovevacations

Mouseketeer
My orginal plan was San Diego, Anaheim, Santa Monica. We would fly in and out of LAX on SW (flying from Houston but kids and I would fly to Chicago for return). After reading some posts here, I'm very interested in staying at Wuksachi Lodge and skipping San Diego (we have been there before). Help me work this out.

If we arrive on a Thursday (early evening) and drove a couple of hours towards Wuksachi Lodge, I'm thinking Bakersfield?
Friday arrive WL-stay Fri and Saturday night.
Sunday- drive to Monterey stay one night
Monday- drive to Santa Barbara or Oxnard (using Hilton points and nice Double Tree in SB or very nice Embassy in Oxnard)-ADVICE!! Stay 2 nights at either location.
Wednesday- on to DL for 2 full days and maybe a half day on Wednesday-depending on where we end up SB or Oxnard.
Saturday- Santa Monica for one night.
Sunday-Leave out of LAX

Could this work or should I stick with San Diego? Our girls will be 8 and 10. I want to break up the driving as dd 8 has car sickness problems, but she does okay if she takes Benadryl before the drive. Please help!!

Sounds like a good plan, but I would make sure you can get reservations at the lodge first!!

It is about a 4 hour drive from Sequoia to Monterey. You said you need to stop more often, so that may be longer. You have to see the Monterey Bay Aquarium, and you may not have time that day you drive in. Visiting it the next day will delay your departure to Santa Barbara until the afternoon. Then at least a 4 1/2 hour drive without stops. Very beautiful drive!

If you leave Santa Barbara after rush hour you will make it to DL much easier. A local can advise you better on driving plans. 2 1/2 days at DL will be good. Where are you staying near DL? Stay either with a Disney property or one of the hotels directly across the street from the entrance.

Have a great trip. You have planned well. :dance3:

Thanks Debbie,
Dh was not interested in the lodge so this is the new plan!

Wed-arrive late into San Fran-stay at Hilton Fishermans wharf until Friday.
Must do Muir Woods (most likely do a tour)

Friday- drive to Monterey. Stay at Garden Inn 2 nights.

Sunday- Drive to Pismo Beach. Visit Hearst Castle

Monday- Drive to Oxnard to stay at Embassy Suites Mandalay Beach

Tuesday-Saturday Candy Cane Inn- 3 days DLR

Saturday night Santa Monica

Sunday-depart out of LAX

Sounds good! Too bad you can't go see Sequoia, but you are seeing some neat spots!

In San Francisco, make sure you ride the cable cars. I don't think you need to take a tour to Muir Woods. It is close to SF and there are trails and walks. With kids it usually is better to make your own tour. You could take a picnic lunch and just enjoy. On the way back you can visit Sausalito. You can also take a shuttle to Muir Woods from Sausalito to cut down on driving and trying to park.

I did take a tour of Chinatown when I was there. That was kind of fun. The zoo is nice too.

Have a great time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter