Laura & Gary Wedding Trip Report - FINISHED!!

Excellent Laura ~ Can't wait for the next installment.

This is a great report, I'm so enjoying it. You guys put a lot of effort in for your guests - and it seems that they have too.

I'm getting a bit dabbing-away-at-my-eyes-with-a-hankie.

Should I buy a hat to read the report of the day itself?

pass the tissues that was lovely you must be so happy!!!

I'm enjoying reading, Laura (although I'm feeling a bit upset that Gary's parents wouldn't take him to get his contact lenses :confused3 :sad1: ) and I'm downloading the video now.

You'll have to help me out with something that's puzzling me from your first post. You say:

We stayed at the YC on our first trip together so the place held special meaning to us. And then go on to say:

I have to say that I have never stayed in the YC before and I was really looking forward to staying here, but I was really disappointed in most things at the hotel.

I'm enjoying reading, Laura (although I'm feeling a bit upset that Gary's parents wouldn't take him to get his contact lenses :confused3 :sad1: ) and I'm downloading the video now.

You'll have to help me out with something that's puzzling me from your first post. You say:

We stayed at the YC on our first trip together so the place held special meaning to us. And then go on to say:

I have to say that I have never stayed in the YC before and I was really looking forward to staying here, but I was really disappointed in most things at the hotel.

Whoops my fault, i meant to say we only stayed 1 night at the YC on our first visit and so this was our first "proper" stay at the hotel and i was looking forward to seeing what it was like, as we didnt get a good feel for the place in just 1 night!

I was disappointed in his parents to but to be honest not suprised. They dont really make any effort, they wont come to visit us at our house - we have to go there! :rolleyes:

Another lovely day, Laura. I couldn't watch the video for some reason, I will try again another time though. How nice that the CMs at Raglan Road did that for you. So pleased that Gary got his contacts sorted.

ArielJasmine princess:

going to wait and read the wedding report before watching the video

reall enjoying the report

I call my in laws The OUT LAWS :lmao:
aren't you lucky they do not visit
I would say my MIL has only been in our house a handful of times, we have been married over 20 years

December 5th,2006

The Day of the Wedding!!!

I was quite surprised at how well I slept the night before the wedding – I think had I been having a wedding back home in the UK I would have been worrying about all the little things like my flowers, the cake etc. With the Disney Wedding I had none of those worries. I was really confident that whatever happened Disney would make it wonderful and sort everything out. So my only concern was whether the weather was going to cooperate! Now the days leading up to the wedding were slightly overcast and a little chilly. When I woke up on the morning of the wedding the first thing I did was step out onto our balcony to check out the weather! And it couldn’t have been better! The sun was shining, there were no clouds in sight and it was already a pleasant temperature. The forecast for the weather was sunny and mid 70’s so I was happy with that! I didn’t want a really hot day with everyone standing around in suits at the hottest part of the day.

I was awake pretty early so I sat out on the balcony reading the paper for a little while before getting up and dressed. My parents and I had decided to go for breakfast in the Yacht Club Galley that morning, as it was going to be a long day and I wasn’t going to get anything proper to eat until the reception. We sat down and our waiter came over to take our order, we all had the buffet as it was easier and more convenient. After a rather large breakfast we went for a stroll across the Boardwalk and went into the shop there to pick up some drinks and snacks for the rooms as that is where everyone would be getting ready! We picked those up and continued walking around back to the hotel. We got back to the room at around 10:30am. I had Carolyn Allen coming out to steam my wedding dress at 11am, and my hair and makeup being done at 11:30am so I had plenty of time to have a nice hot shower first.

Here’s everything ready waiting to be steamed!

93882Florida_2006_-_Wedding_Trip_045-med.jpg

93882Florida_2006_-_Wedding_Trip_049-thumb.jpg

Carolyn turned up right on time to steam my dress and my bridesmaids dress, just as she left my mum turned up back from having her hair done at the Periwigs salon in the Yacht Club. A few minutes later my bridesmaid turned up. She is only 10 so her Nan dropped her off and came up to wish me good luck. Just after Charlotte turned up Anna turned up to do my hair and makeup and to do Charlottes hair too. She did my hair first, I have quite thick hair and it takes a lot to get it to stay in place but Anna did a great job with my hair! Next up was my bridesmaid, we had a cute gold headband for Charlottes hair which matched her dress. So Anna just did loads of curls for Charlottes hair! I think Charlotte was so excited about the wedding! Although she did get me into trouble with her family! She had gone to her cousin Gemma’s wedding in September which was back home in England. Her Nan asked her which dress she preferred and Charlotte said she preferred mine as she had a fairytale dress for a fairytale wedding!
Here is a picture of Charlotte ready to go –

93882Florida_2006_-_Wedding_Trip_053-med.jpg

Anna finished up by doing my makeup, I was also wearing my contact lenses and my eyes are quite sensitive so I didn’t want much just something natural! After Anna had left we sat down for something to drink and a little bit to eat. As we were doing this we heard a knock at the door. My mum went to open it, when she came back in there was a vase of flowers with a card attached to it. It was from our Disney Florist.

93882Florida_2006_-_Wedding_Trip_046-med.jpg

More please - quickly!!!

Loving your reports and can't wait to read the rest.

I enjoy reading trip reports, but wedding trip reports are even better.

Laura, congratulations to you both. Its brilliant to read your wedding TR. Cant wait to read it all. I loved our sneak preview of your video. Had to show it to the hubby. Both very touched by it all, we are coming up for 18 years this year and I just love reading all about your amazing,special day.

wishing you both all the happiness in the world.:flower3:

prue

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter