• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

laundry?

mumeof3

Mouseketeer
does POR have washer and dryers on the premises?I am trying to figure how much clothes we need to pack but you know on those sweaty days we will have to change clothes and we are flying so I dont want to bring double...

Yes POR has a laundry room. It was at the pool by our room. Bring lots of Quarters.. I remember it was expensive. I believe all Disney's resorts have laundry rooms.

I think so too. My dh insists on doing all his laundry before we leave, so he doesn't have to do it later.. Not me though. Unless it's an emergency! LOL No laundry for me!!

ETA : although, i am now thinking.. this would allow me to pack an empty suitcase for goodies!!! (Pack less clothes, do laundry on day off, Shop more!hmmmmmm...) :woohoo:

I know that POR has laundry facilities by most of their quiet pools and I do also believe there is another near the main building. I usually do a load while lounging by the pool, I hate toting back dirty clothes, and since I am doing little to nothing by the pool I kill 2 birds with one stone. I usually put a load of laundry soap in the little snack ziplocs,that way I use a detergent that I am used to and it is alot cheaper than what they charge.

As much as I hate doing laundry while on vacation I regret to say that I have to and boy do I dread the day I have to put aside to do it. We're there for 13 days and there is no way I'm packing clothes for that many days so I pack half the amount and then do laundry. There is myself, my DH and 2 teenage boys so no way are we packing for that many days! I think it's either $1.50 or $2.00 per machine and then the same for the dryer. I bring detergent from home because they charge $1.00 a box and it's not even enough to do one full load in my opinion.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter