• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Laundry Service at Polynesian in Hawaii (concierge)

Kreid001

Earning My Ears
We'll be staying 10 days in the Hawaii longhouse at the Polynesian (lv) and I'm looking for information on the laundry service.

I can't imagine that we'll want to spend our time sitting with a washer and dryer, there are five of us going, and we don't want to take tons of luggage, so I'd like to learn more about the laundry pick-up service. I believe that I understand the laundry is picked up from the room and returned the following day.

Has anyone used this service?
We're you satisfied?
What were the charges?
Is dry cleaning also available?

Another short topic. Robes. Are they provided for each member of your party, or just two? Also, are they gifts or just for use as a guest?

Thanks for your help and information!

Tom

We do laundry every time we are t here. The poly is one of the few that have a good Laundry Mat set up. You can be in and out in 1 1/2 hours at the most. We did 5 loads in 1 hr. 10 min..
The laundry send out service is VERY EXPENSIVE. You could almost go buy new clothes. If I remember correctly it was a $2.79 to clean a shirt. Don't quote me on that price.
To answer your questions:

I personally have not used the service, but again VERY EXPENSIVE

Can't tell you how they were.

High Cost

Dry Cleaning is available.

As for the robes, you can request more after you get there. They provide 2 at arrival in your closet "to use during your stay". They will tell you that you may purchase in the gift shop if you would like.

A little side note: A friend of mine did use the service there last year and found it to be 5x more than she pays at home and they damaged buttons (which is a dry cleaning thing I know) and a shirt that didn't have a stain came back with one. I could have been just an isolated thing. I just think that while your group comes back to the room to refresh and get ready for your evening I would spend the extra hour doing a few loads myself.
Just my opinion. I personally will be there in the laundry center in 21 days. I always do laundry on Wed. afternoon. Don't know why. I hope some of this helps and maybe someone else can help more.

Wendi

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter