Laundry Rooms At The Fort Comfort Stations

bama_ed

It's kind of fun to do the impossible-Walt Disney
I got back from a Fort trip about 2 weeks ago and wanted to share some pix of the new laundry rooms. Others have shared pix before but I thought it might be a good time for a refresher. These pix are from the 100/200 CS and I am assuming (dangerous, I know) that the others are similar. To be specific, the laundry rooms are located between the Men's and Women's side of the CS.

The main change was that most of the washers and dryers have been converted to use a credit card for payment. One washer and two driers remain coin operated.

There are two signs in the room that give the rundown.

You pay in one spot.

There were five washers. Note the one on the end still has the coin mount on top and the prices on the display are $3.

There are six driers with the left two still coin operated (see the coin slot in the upper right above machine 7).

I've heard that the machines can send a text when your machines are finished but we didn't use that feature. Also note on the bottom of one sign that the machines only require very little detergent.

There is still a quarters machine for the coin operated laundry equipment as well as the ice machine next to the Women's side of the CS.

There is also a big(ger) sink in the room for hand laundry if needed as well as for washing big pots/pans that can't be done in my little popup sink.

For us in a popup with little storage space, doing laundry helps us bring less "stuff" from home to wear. And for those of you who say, "Laundry? I'm on VACATION", I'm sure there's a dry cleaners in Lake Buena Vista. :laundy::rotfl:

Hope somebody finds this info useful.

Bama Ed

Will the laundry machines take a Visa or Master Card gift card from Canada?

First off :welcome: to the camping board. This is a guess. I'd say yes they would take it. I always bring quarters and use the machine that takes them. Any Canadians have a definitive answer for rally?

Although I cannot say definitively, I expect that Visa and MC will be taken without issue. Depending on your issuer and terms, however, I am sure there will be an extra fee for "Conversion". As far as "Gift cards", are you talking Disney Gift Cards? I don't think the machines take the gift cards at all, but if so, again, I am sure there is some "Conversion" Policy if it's not already in US Dollars.

We were at WDW in August and was NOT Impresses with the whole credit card for
Laundry.
I would rather charge it back to my room and then or pay cash or go to Concierge for tokens for machines
Exchange made laundry $12 to $16 once US conversion went thru.

No idea about gift cards?

We were at WDW in August and was NOT Impresses with the whole credit card for
Laundry.
I would rather charge it back to my room and then or pay cash or go to Concierge for tokens for machines
Exchange made laundry $12 to $16 once US conversion went thru.

I am not a big fan of the whole CC thing for the laundry either. I get where it can be of value to some. Even without the exchange, you could end up paying $12 to $16 for laundry depending on your needs.

Personally, I bring enough clothes so that I rarely (if at all) need the laundry. Of course we have a larger TT. Unlike Bama_ed with a pop-up who has to be more selective in what he brings... Also, I can wash things I need (perhaps the undergarments) if I have to in my sink and hang them dry outside (or even inside on a rack). Mine are actually designed for this too. (quick drying).

I do agree that it would have been MUCH better to use the MB to charge to the room/site. That convenience could actually be worth the increased price IMO.

I had to do some unexpected laundry when we arrived (dog got car sick on the way down). The process is easy. I wasn't prepared for the CC payment system and 2 kind soles from the 400 loop took pity on me and showed me the ropes. Thank you!!

I had to do some unexpected laundry when we arrived (dog got car sick on the way down). The process is easy. I wasn't prepared for the CC payment system and 2 kind soles from the 400 loop took pity on me and showed me the ropes. Thank you!!
And that's what is awesome about the Fort.... most folks there are that type of people. The kind that will help others.

When I was there in August, the Ice Machines were still Coin-op. That said however, I have heard/read many complaints about them in that they don't completely fill the bag of ice and is significantly less then what is advertised. I suspect that the "temperature" outside could be a factor here. The warmer it is, the more ice gets used and the harder the ice machine has to work to make the ice. Of course you could just go to the meadows and purchase already filled bags of ice there. I am sorry though, I do not know the cost as we don't purchase the ice at either location. (Our RV fridge stores enough Ice for our use)

Good pictures. We used the laundry in July and it was easy enough to figure out. I appreciate their cleanliness.

First off :welcome: to the camping board. This is a guess. I'd say yes they would take it. I always bring quarters and use the machine that takes them. Any Canadians have a definitive answer for rally?
Disney Guest Relations state they sell "laundry cards" @ $7 USD each which covers the cost of detergent, washer and dryer.

We were in site 1439, right next to the comfort station. All washers and dryers are credit card only. We were there for 12 days and I did laundry twice. It's clean and convienent. The CMs round frequently to make sure everything is in order.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter