• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Laundry on Vacation

Only once in my life have I taken time out of my precious vacation to wash clothes. That was on my 3+ week trip to Europe last fall.

When I go on vacation - we leave our house spotless. I do laundry on vacation, I don't bring any clothes home dirty. Throw it in the washer, swim, have a few drinks, throw it in the dryer, swm some more, another drink. :lmao: The day we come home my lovely sister will go to the grocery store for me and stock my fridge, take out the dinner I have ready to go in the freezer. We get home, kick back and continue relaxing.

Janis

If we're staying in a condo with a free washer and dryer, I'll do laundry. If we're in a hotel and we need the clothes, I'll do laundry. I prefer not to do it if I have to pay for it.

I have two laundry bags I take on vacation, one for whites, one for darks. We put our clothes in those in the hotel room. We put all the dirty laundry in one suitcase. It makes much easier to unpack, sort and wash. I start on laundry right after we get home.

We went to WDW in December one year. We didn't take enough warm clothes so I had to wash. It cost me a lot of $$$ (and time) to get those sweatshirts and jeans dry!!!

we stay in 2bedroom villas, either off site or on. All have in room laundry so I just throw a load in each night (small washers) and we come home with just that last night's pj's as dirty clothes.

I also do a deep clean on our house before we leave so we come home to a clean home. I throw that last load into the washer as soon as we get home and try to enjoy the clean house before the kids trash it again. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter