• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Latest time into airport?!?!

wallawallakids

DIS Veteran
What is the latest you can arrive into Houston Hobby Airport on the day of a flight? I have been having a heart attack because we were scheduled to fly in the day before BUT just found out that Hubby made it into the Boston Marathon! (I was all excited for a minute until I realized that was April 15 and we were scheduled to fly out that day!). I have searched and searched and finally got a flight out of Boston at 5:45 am. It lands in Hou-Hobby at 10:05. Is that OK? I am torn, DH has worked so hard I don't want him to miss the opportunity but I also don't want to miss our boat!!! I have been on hold with Disney for 40 min so far waiting for an answer. (We are using them for our transfers.) I know there could be delays, will I make it in time still?!?!?

What is the latest you can arrive into Houston Hobby Airport on the day of a flight? I have been having a heart attack because we were scheduled to fly in the day before BUT just found out that Hubby made it into the Boston Marathon! (I was all excited for a minute until I realized that was April 15 and we were scheduled to fly out that day!). I have searched and searched and finally got a flight out of Boston at 5:45 am. It lands in Hou-Hobby at 10:05. Is that OK? I am torn, DH has worked so hard I don't want him to miss the opportunity but I also don't want to miss our boat!!! I have been on hold with Disney for 40 min so far waiting for an answer. (We are using them for our transfers.) I know there could be delays, will I make it in time still?!?!?

Well, it takes about an hour from Hobby to the port. Figuring that the plane lands on time and you get off and out, you'd probably be OK.

With DCL transfers, that would probably be your best option. If DCL says they can pick you up at the airport and get you to the ship on time, then they will. They will get your bags direct from the plane to the bus to the ship, you won't have to wait at baggage claim, just go directly to the transportation pick-up spot.

Good luck

I'm not sure if the departure schedule is any different in Galveston, but in Port Canaveral it's recommended to arrive at the airport no later than 1pm. The ships expect to pull out around 4pm and all guests must be onboard at least 1 hour prior. Assuming a similar timetable in Galveston, I would think a 10am arrival will be fine.

Good luck to your DH in marathon and enjoy your cruise!

I'm not sure if the departure schedule is any different in Galveston, but in Port Canaveral it's recommended to arrive at the airport no later than 1pm. The ships expect to pull out around 4pm and all guests must be onboard at least 1 hour prior. Assuming a similar timetable in Galveston, I would think a 10am arrival will be fine.

Good luck to your DH in marathon and enjoy your cruise!

Thank you!!! DCL said ok so I hope that means we are all set!! Thank you again!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter