Latest dining time for MVMCP day

Deanie1

DIS Veteran
I am considering going to MK on a party day (low crowds) and then would like to book dinner at BOG. Anyone know when the latest ADR's are available if we don't have party tickets?

I am considering going to MK on a party day (low crowds) and then would like to book dinner at BOG. Anyone know when the latest ADR's are available if we don't have party tickets?

Last year it was around 6:15 for BoG. We had a 6:20 ADR and had to have party tickets for that ADR. Those ressies will be very difficult to get, so here's some pixiedust:

Looks like they have changed the park closing time to 6pm instead of 7pm on party nights this year. :headache:

If you go to the Be Our Guest dining page and check a party date, it won't let you look for anything past 6pm.

Looks like they have changed the park closing time to 6pm instead of 7pm on party nights this year. :headache:

If you go to the Be Our Guest dining page and check a party date, it won't let you look for anything past 6pm.

Calendar also has MK closing at 6 pm for MVMCP, but still has it at 7 pm for MNSSHP. That's weird. Hope it's a mistake.

7pm is the rest of the park. Since you are suppose to be out by 8pm they want no reason for someone to try and get in the party for free so are giving 2 hours to eat and exit before any party activities start.

Calendar also has MK closing at 6 pm for MVMCP, but still has it at 7 pm for MNSSHP. That's weird. Hope it's a mistake.

Oh wow if it is the whole park and not just the restaurant that would be new. I know they've been having a ton of problem with people staying and not paying so maybe giving themselves 2 hours is what is needed. I had a friend (who is no longer a friend actually) try to tell me she was not stealing anything by staying and that because she only watched the parade and fireworks she was fine and that the party was just like EMH you don't have to leave you just can't do rides or meet characters. She was 100% convinced and wouldn't believe anyone including those of us who were CMs that she was actually breaking teh rules and could get her AP taken away and not refunded if she got caught doing that.

Oh wow if it is the whole park and not just the restaurant that would be new. I know they've been having a ton of problem with people staying and not paying so maybe giving themselves 2 hours is what is needed. I had a friend (who is no longer a friend actually) try to tell me she was not stealing anything by staying and that because she only watched the parade and fireworks she was fine and that the party was just like EMH you don't have to leave you just can't do rides or meet characters. She was 100% convinced and wouldn't believe anyone including those of us who were CMs that she was actually breaking teh rules and could get her AP taken away and not refunded if she got caught doing that.

A small picture of the entitled world we live in these days. I mean, the parade and fireworks are two of the biggest draws for the parties. Considering there isn't even a nighttime parade on regular nights, how did she even reconcile that one in her mind? Oh well...wish there was a way you could have turned her in.

Oh, and I've posted in the Theme Parks board to see if we can get some insight on that 6 pm closure.

I would never try to stay for the party if I didn't have a ticket. I never really thought that a party night would be even harder to get an ADR for than it already is. Probably best if I can find another day, however, if that is the only day that works, then we will try it. I enjoyed the MNSSHP a lot because I have always loved Halloween but I really have no interest in the MVMCP especially with how crowded the parties are getting.

I would never try to stay for the party if I didn't have a ticket. I never really thought that a party night would be even harder to get an ADR for than it already is. Probably best if I can find another day, however, if that is the only day that works, then we will try it. I enjoyed the MNSSHP a lot because I have always loved Halloween but I really have no interest in the MVMCP especially with how crowded the parties are getting.

It really is a problem, and one that DIsney has been trying to address for a while now.

Since you are not interested in going to the Party, I would plan a park day for that day. I bet it will be less crowded, especially with the earlier closing time. We always plan one day that is an early closing, get there for RD and head out after the afternoon parade, if we stay that long. After that we plan some resort hopping to check out the holiday decorations, followed by dinner, usually at Narcoossees so that we can enjoy the fireworks. No matter that we cannot see the Castle projections, the show is still pretty darn nice after dinner.

Closing at 6 really stinks with using express bus. To go from AK to MK, we'd have to leave around 5:30. To me it's a nicer walk to leave by buzz and back to BLT, vs walking from Lion King area in AK to the front of park, then walk to bus, and wait for bus and perhaps standing on bus.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter