Late Night Dining options after 10pm on a Friday at Downtown Disney?

CableKC

DIS Veteran
We're ( DH, DW, DS15 and DD11 ) arriving on a Friday evening into LAX around 7pm. I don't expect to get on the road to head towards the Disneyland Hotel til at least 8pm....and given the horrific traffic in LA on a Friday evening, I do not expect to arrive at the DLH until 9pm. After parking and checking in....I'd hope to bring the luggage up to the room and head back downstairs to grab something to eat around 9:45pm-ish.

I don't expect to have much of a chance to have a real dinner before flying out....so I'm hoping to get something to eat late at night. If we are able to arrive at the DLH a little earlier and get to the room in time, I am hoping to head to Tangaroa Terrace before it closes at 10pm to eat there.

But assuming worse case scenario and we are not able to get there before 10pm, I'm guessing that we'd be looking at dining options in Downtown Disney after 10pm.

Any suggestions for any Late Night dining options at Downtown Disney that are still open until 11pm or 12am?

I don't mind having some type of quick dining service or some sit down restaurant, but I am concerned ( given the time ) that Downtown Disney will be flooded with the park goers leaving at that time and going to Downtown Disney for some quick late-night snack as well.

Thoughts?

I know at least Splittsville is open to 1am on Friday/Saturday

If places are open getting seated is usually not a problem even at park closing...most are not looking for a table service meal at that point. The bars and quick bite places tend to be the busier locations.

You can make a reservation at many of the DTD restaurants if you’re worried about crowds.

If you can get there by 10 pm almost everything is open. Ballast Point, Black Tap, Earl of Sandwich, Napolini, Splitsville, Uva are all open until at least 11pm or midnight usually. Just check the app on your dates to verify times.

Why not just stop somewhere on the way to the DLH? I'd go to In N Out or something.

If In'N'Out is an option for you, there is a location at State College and Ball Rd. -- about 5 minutes or so from the parks. You could get your order to go and eat at the hotel.

Earl of Sandwich is delicious, affordable, and the line (which will likely be long) moves quite fast.

I would strongly recommend.

Why not just stop somewhere on the way to the DLH? I'd go to In N Out or something.
I live in the SF Bay Area, so I can have In N Out anytime :)

But we're also flying in the evening and I don't want to get in too late for check in. At that point, with all the traffic and how long it will take for us to get to the DLH; I just want to get to the hotel and put the luggage in room.

In DTD, Tortilla Joe's is open until 10pm, but their take out window is open later. They have half off burritos and tacos from 10pm until the take out closes.
Naples Ristorante E Bar is open until until 11pm on Fridays. Napolini's is the take out of Naples and it is also open until 11pm. They have everything to go, salads, create your own indi pizza, etc.
When you guys are in the Disneyland Hotel lobby waiting to check in, check out the restaurants in the Disney apps to see if the restaurants are open. You may be surprised to find things go quicker for you and you could call and make a ressie while checking in.

Napolini is fine. It's open until 11 PM every day and one of their mini pizzas is big enough for two people. They've abandoned slices in favor of these mini pizzas. It's similar to the model they have at Mod Pizza (if you've been) although the prices do vary depending on the toppings or specific pizzas at set prices. We had two toppings and the price was about $11 including tax.

Other than that, there are decent places to eat near LAX. That might be a good option.

Thanks all for the responses. I will likely aim for the Craft Burger Place or Napolini's. But if my DD insists on getting sushi, we can go to Splitsville ( which happens to have American food that DS would prefer ).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter