• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Late evening or mid-morning check in?

welovedisneyx4

<font color=blue>I have this sudden urge to put my
I am in the very early planning stages for a June 2007 trip.

Depending on fares we might be flying into Sanford, arriving at 7:50. We would need to rent a car there as well.

I am wondering which would be better...get a motel for 1 night near the airport, making for an early night, sleep in a bit the next morning and head to our DW resort around 11:00 the next morning. If our room wasn't ready we would swim or walk around the resort or something like that. Or...go on and drive to DW after we land and check in that night. (We would either eat dinner on the way or get something at the snack bar at the resort.) We would still sleep in a bit the next day as well and spend the afternoon looking at the resort and swimming.

I think one concern I have is the selection of rooms; if we check in at night, would we not have a chance of upgrades, or even just getting any requests we have made. If we check in around noon, would that improve our chances of exactly what we want or an upgrade?

Right now, the resort choices are Pop and Wilderness Lodge. (I know its a big difference, just depends on our budget.)

I hope this makes sense, for some reason, I am worried about getting a "leftover" room that no one else wants!! LOL!

TIA!! :sunny:

We have always stayed off site when we arrive late, and up early for check-in. Usually the cost of the room dictates... ;)

One year we checked into the AKL at midnight and got upgraded from standard view to Deluxe Savannah. So, time of day doesn't necessarily dictate what type of room you'll get.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter