LATE dues for added on contracts

Bambi19

Mouseketeer
Yesterday suddenly I couldn’t use one of my memberships to make/modify reservations, and today I called member services.
Poking around on the website while on hold, I saw that I had late dues! Super late!
I added on points at Riviera in April. I thought all my payments were completed, (including for some reason my dues for April-December 2021)... I never got an email, never got a phone call, never even got a little notification on the website saying that I needed to pay dues.
Immediately when I saw them I paid them.
When member services finally answered I asked them, and they said I need to call the accounting department tomorrow.
If I added on these two contracts in April are my payments so late that Disney will have started foreclosure?! I’m guessing not but I’m panicking!!

They won't foreclose on you this fast, especially since they are paid! When adding on direct, the bills will show up prorated from when you signed the contract. Sometimes you don't see them until you close. The guide was supposed to let you know this and I think they usually send an email about it that you have a dues statement, but not always.

Other than not being able to use the account until the "freeze" is off, you should be fine!!! Believe me, they do not want it back this fast!!!

AFAIK it's a paper statement they send out. It comes after closing is complete so approx 1 1/2 months after you sign.

Nothing to worry about. Ask them to remove any penalties if they assessed them.

I thought you couldn’t close without current year dues paid (or monthly arrangements).

Given that they should have sent a paper statement, it may be that you simply missed it or more likely, it was lost in the mail system. I've had a lot of that since COVID began last year.

Given that they should have sent a paper statement, it may be that you simply missed it or more likely, it was lost in the mail system. I've had a lot of that since COVID began last year.

Somebody mailed something to me about a month ago, from the next zip code over. I'm still waiting for it to arrive. :hourglass

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter