Last week's trip to the Fort - Highlights & Lowlights

Minnie&Mickey

I want to live at the Fort!
We just got back Sunday night from a four night trip to the Fort and had a blast! I'm not going to do a trip report this time because our school year is about to begin (Aug. 3rd) and I just have too much to do before then. However I had to tell you about our highlights and lowlights...I'll start with the lowlights (since it's always best to end on a positive note)! This was the second time that we used the "Express" Online Check-in and our results weren't any better this time than they were the last time. The only improvement that I saw was that there was a line specifically for people who had done the online check-in, however they let everyone use the line. When we got there, there was a vehicle with a TT and another car in the Express line. Within minutes, we realized that these cars were together, so we were pretty hopeful that the line would move quickly...we were wrong. We sat there for well over 25 minutes while the first vehicle checked everyone in. The people kept getting in and out of the vehicles and running back and forth between the cars. It was pretty frustrating since this was supposed to be the express line. When we eventually got to the window, the CM apologized for the wait and said that the people had three seperate reservations and hadn't done online check-in for any of them. I have no idea why they were in the Express Online check-in lane! To make matter worse, after the CM apologized, she informed us that it was time for a shift change, so we had to wait even longer. Our actual check-in took 4 minutes, so at least that part was good. Also, we got the 800 loop like we had requested, so that part was good too.

The biggest problem with check-in taking so long was that I was supposed to meet Kenny to get our golf cart within 20 minutes of completing check-in. We drove to the site, and I walked up to the bus stop just as the bus was pulling away. I waited for a few minutes, but then Omar (who works for Kenny) called to say he was about 5 minutes away. I immediately started walking to the parking lot since I knew it would be a while before another bus came. When Omar got into the parking lot, he called and I told him that I was walking and would get there as soon as I could. He immediately told me to turn around...he was going to drive the golf cart to me so that I wouldn't kill myself walking all the way up there in the heat! He asked what I was wearing and said that if he spotted me along the way he would pick me up. What a sweetheart! He is just a young kid, but definitely knows how to give great customer service. He got to the campsite at almost the exact same time that I did. He showed us how everything worked and then I drove him to the front again. I called Kenny when I got back to let him know how pleased we were with Omar's service. When it was time to return the cart a few days later, Omar was waiting in the parking lot right on time. He was very appreciative of my phone call to Kenny. Such a nice kid! If we don't buy a golf cart before our trip in October, we will definitely rent from Kenny again.

Two more things to mention, we did the Wishes Fireworks Dessert Party. Tinkerbell didn't fly that night, but the dessserts were very good. The only bad part was that they ask you to arrive 15 minutes early, and you have to wait in the walkway by the Noodle Station. It was very hot and stuffy in there and we had to wait for a long time while they got everything set up.

We also decided to do the Hoop-de-doo Review (a last minute decision). DH and I had done it a few months ago, but DD and her boyfriend hadn't ever seen it. Both DD and her boyfriend said it was one of the highlights of the trip! Not sure if it was the show or the unlimited beer that made them love it so much! LOL!

So that is my quicky little review of our trip!

Forgot to mention...when Omar picked up the cart, he told us that if we rent from them again, we will get a 10% discount on our next rental! I didn't remember reading about this previously, but I thought that was very nice of Kenny to do that.

thanks for taking the time to post that! It might not be a full trip report, but I'll take it!

I had been wondering about check in. Seems sometimes we had to go inside to check in, but other times I see trailers lined up for outside check-in.

Glad you enjoyed yourself!

Thanks Holly! It seemed like you were there longer than 4 days, lol. Did you take any pics of the desserts? Kenny told me about the 10% off next time too. We will definitely rent from him, no doubt about it. Sounds like everyone had a great time, despite the rocky start at check in!

Sounds like you had a great time Holly! Just so you know Cheryl and I did talk about the fact that you were there and we were here. It was not a pleasant conversation. LOL :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Thanks Holly! It seemed like you were there longer than 4 days, lol. Did you take any pics of the desserts? Kenny told me about the 10% off next time too. We will definitely rent from him, no doubt about it. Sounds like everyone had a great time, despite the rocky start at check in!

It seemed way shorter than 4 days to us! LOL! Believe it or not, I didn't take any pictures of the desserts. There were always so many people standing in front of them, but they were all delicious!

Just so you know Cheryl and I did talk about the fact that you were there and we were here. It was not a pleasant conversation. LOL :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

LOL! I wish you guys had been there. Every time we pulled into othe loop, we would look over to where your campsite was, but you were never there! :( Hopefully you guys will make another trip down there soon!

Glad to hear you had a good time. And I agree 100% - Kenny (and Omar)from Tee Times' customer service can't be beat.

sounds like you had a great time. hey, lynn, we might have to check out that dessert party.. ;)

that is right up our alley. we have around 9 more weeks??? then look out mickey, here we come !!! :thumbsup2

Sorry check in was such a lousy experience, but really glad to hear Kenny and Omar took such good care of you. I'll add a link from the Golf Cart Info thread to this one so people can read your experience. :thumbsup2

hey, lynn, we might have to check out that dessert party.. ;)

that is right up our alley. we have around 9 more weeks???

Hi Cheryl!
Unless they decided to extend it, I think the Wishes Dessert Party is supposed to end at the end of September. We were hoping to go to it with Ashley and her husband the first week of October, but heard it wasn't being offered. If you find out that it was extended, please let me know! We have 40 more days until our next trip...I can't wait.

Hi Cheryl!
Unless they decided to extend it, I think the Wishes Dessert Party is supposed to end at the end of September. We were hoping to go to it with Ashley and her husband the first week of October, but heard it wasn't being offered. If you find out that it was extended, please let me know! We have 40 more days until our next trip...I can't wait.

the date posted is 8-28. i hope they extend it too, it sounds right up my alley. i could have done it in june but didnt know about it!

the date posted is 8-28. i hope they extend it too, it sounds right up my alley. i could have done it in june but didnt know about it!

You would love it, Donna! Just don't eat dinner...the desserts are a meal all by themselves!

You would love it, Donna! Just don't eat dinner...the desserts are a meal all by themselves!

Sometimes in Disney, desserts ARE my dinner! I am just so mad I didn't know about it til after i got home. It's not like me to be uninformed, lol. ;)

:sad::sad::sad:
sounds like you had a great time. hey, lynn, we might have to check out that dessert party.. ;)

that is right up our alley. we have around 9 more weeks??? then look out mickey, here we come !!! :thumbsup2

Are you staying for Halloween this year ??????? no more of this leaving a day early:sad::sad::sad:
IMG_6894.jpg

We are arriving on the 24th this year. It's Golf Car parade time.

The Desert party ends soon but there is talk of extending it. I WANNA GO

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter