Last trip for a while...where to eat?

debdebdebby13

Mouseketeer
We've done Disney as a family twice before and we are going again at the end of October. DH has put a kabash on it after this trip so we won't be heading back for at least 2-3 years. (silly DHs and their lack of Disney love :confused3 )

So, after our last 2 trips we've been to the following table service restaurants:
Akershus- 2x,one breakfast, one lunch
O'Hana-2x
50's Prime Time-2x
Yak and Yeti
Les Chefs de France
The Crystal Palace
Liberty Tree Tavern
Tony's Town Square
Rainforest Cafe DTD
Coral Reef
Raglan Road
Whispering Canyon Cafe

So, if this was the last time you would get to go to Disney for a while, what table service meal would you not miss out on? I don't necessarily mind any repeats of where we have been, but I also would not mind trying some new places either. I'd prefer to keep it to the one table service credit/meal, rather than the signature meals. Also, DD is 6 and while she would still enjoy the character meals, I don't know if they are essential anymore. Her princess love has been slowly dwindling since our last trip, just as she grows up :-(

We don't like missing:

1900 Park Fare breakfast
Garden Grill (dinner only)
Via Napoli
Biergarten
Crystal Palace (any meal, but we like breakfast and lunch)
CRT
Earl of Sandwich
'Ohana breakfast

As you can see, we really like character meals. We have also enjoyed Cali Grill, Le Cellier, Cape May Cafe breakfast, Yachtsman, and Captain's Grille.

These are more Disney-unique places you probably ought to think about:
Boma dinner
Biergarten lunch or dinner (nearly the same menu; lunch is cheaper if oop)
Cape May Cafe dinner (especially if you live in an area that doesn't have much seafood available)
Garden Grill or Chef Mickey (gotta go with the classics!)
1900PF dinner (at 6 years old, Cindy should still be a draw but you also get her Prince, plus Lady Tremaine and the StepSisters)
Teppan Edo (only if you don't have teppanyaki-style restaurants available at home. If you do, then skip this one).
HDDR (I know, you said 1-credit meals and you might even want to pay oop for this one instead of using 2 credits. But it's a classic show. And might DH appreciate the adult beverages that are included in the price?)

I have DD7 and DD10 so I can appreciate the dwindling allure of the princesses...although they manage to get back into it once they are in the parks and away from the pressure of being "cool" from friends at school who don't have the love of all things Disney like our family.

With that in mind and knowing she will likely be even more beyond the characters when you are back in a few years, take advantage of it now. 1900PF is great for breakfast (Poppins, Alice, Mad Hatter, Pooh characters) or for dinner (Cinderella and her whole family). Thus, neither is an endless supply of princesses only...there is good variety. Stepfamily is tons of fun, and our girls got to dance with Prince Charming. Depending on arrival or departure plans, this is also an easy option for first night dinner or last morning breakfast without having to have a park ticket that day.

Also fun and/or good - Hoop De Doo Revue at FW, Via Napoli and just snacking around the world in EPCOT. We did the latter a few weeks ago and it was fun to explore options online with our girls and then seek out the items when we got there. That gave all of us a chance to try some of the classic favorites and also discover a few new things along the way (e.g., chocolate/caramel covered grapes in Germany).

Another vote for 1900 Park Fare. My teenagers still enjoy the antics of the stepsisters at dinner.

One we have recently been to is Sanaa - ask for a window seat. It is a really neat experience to eat while you watch the animals.

We also enjoy HDDR!! Very fun experience.

We really enjoy Crystal Palace. Also 1900 Park Faire was fantastic for the characters, but we didn't think the food was as good as Crystal Palace.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter