• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Last minute trip

SusanMomOf2

Mouseketeer
Hello. I just decided to plan our trip LAST NIGHT :banana: :banana: :banana:

My husband is in Iraq, and when he called, I asked so sweetly if it would be ok if I took the girls (2 & 7). IF I can keep costs down, he said it would be fine. I booked 4 nights at Shades of Green - October 2-6. My daughter has a 4-day weekend from school. We have the Florida Resident Annual Pass and are military.

So, with keeping costs down, we're eating meals in the "$10 or less" category. Breakfast will be a banana, granola bar, or cereal. I'll bring snacks and my own bottles water.

I will splurge on 2 things. I bought 2 tickets for MNSSHP (our first!) for me and my older daughter for the party on on October 4th. And I am going to reserve a babysitter through Kid's Nite Out for one morning to watch my little one in our room while I take my older daughter to Magic Kingdom for some rides.

Ok - I'm excited and I know I only have 20 something days to prepare. Am I missing anything? Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Hurray! I am so happy for you! I don't have any suggestions right now, but wanted to let you know how much I appreciate you military wives. Since we've moved here (we're near Ft. Benning), I've realized that most of the country has no idea what sacrifices military families must make. I have several good friends whose husbands are in Iraq right now with the 3rdID. One of my best friends just left on short orders with her family for Ft. Irwin, ugh! I cannot fathom what you go through on a daily basis. Another one of my best friend's husband just arrived home yesterday for his 18 day R&R. He won't be home again until next May. She calls me when she's stressed and hasn't heard from her DH. He's a chaplain, so no news is not good news. My thanks and appreciation go out to you, your DH, and your two little girls. God bless you and have a wonderful trip! You deserve some pixie dust.:hug:

Hi, I just wanted to say how much I appreciate what you and your family are doing for mine. I hope you have an absolutely wonderful time.

I have been researching like crazy for months now in preparation for the trip I am taking in 19 days with my DS, DDIL and my 19 month old DGD. A couple of things you might enjoy: right now WDW is offering Magical Beginnings for the families that include toddlers. You get into Fantasyland an hour before the parks open and cast members play with the little ones and go n rides with them. You and your girls might really enjoy going together and getting a lot of rides accomplished before the park opens. The offer it three times a week. The other thing is to be sure all of you get to watch Spectromagic. Little kids love it! Another thing kids love is to watch the Electric Light Parade and Wishes from the beach at the POLY They pipe in the music and you can see the castle changing colors during the fireworks - really magical - you can take the monorail from the MK to get there and then either grab a cab home or take the monorail back to the MK and catch your bus.

Hey there! My dh is also in Iraq too and I think its wonderful that you are taking your dd to Disney world while he is away. I took my dd to Carowinds this summer on my own and I was pretty proud of myself for that and thats nowhere the size of Disney lol Hope you have a wonderful trip and that your dh safely returns home soon!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter