Last Minute trip, where to stay

RadioNate

DIS Veteran
DH has a conference 3/8-10 in LA and DS's spring break is 3/12-16 so we are thinking of meeting DH in LA.

The biggest issue right now is that I can't find hotel rooms. We are looking at 5 nights 3/10-3/15.

My options seem to be
La Quinta Inn & Suites
Red Roof Inn Anaheim - Maingate
Anaheim International Inn Travelodge

None seem real appealing to me. I've only been to DL once and we stayed at the Disneyland hotel. I know offsite at DL isn't like offisite at WDW but I am spoiled!

If we don't go, we probablly won't get a trip to WDW or DL until next year's spring break. This summer is pretty full already and I doubt we'll go at Christmas (crowds/expense).

But I also don't want to stay at a complete dump! I've been in some of the WDW offsite hotels, like those on HWY 192 and I can't imagine staying there. Accomidations can make or break a trip for me.

I'm so torn. Any opinions about the ones listed above?

This is all from the Disneyland site. Should I be looking somewhere else?

thanks!

I checked Expedia for you.

If you'll have a rental car, some of the nicer hotels with rooms available for your dates are:

Sheraton Park Hotel w/2 queens, $200.20 per night.

Ayers Hotel Anaheim w/2 queens and full breakfast, $115.00 per night. (This hotel is one of the top rated hotels in the area on tripadvisor. I'm actually thinking of staying here myself the next time we go down there if we can't afford one of the DL hotels. This place looks very nice!)

Lemon Tree w/2 queens, $92 per night.

If you want to be real close to the front gates of DL, so you can easily walk back and forth within 5 minutes, I found:

Best Western Park Place Inn & Mini Suites w/2 queens, $139.60 per night.

Best Western Anaheim Inn standard room, $125.00 per night.

Hope that helps you out!:thumbsup2

thanks for the Expedia tip - they have a lot more options.

There you an also see what day is the problem. In most cases it is Sat night. DH will have hotel Thursday/Friday downtown and we'd likely be able to extend that to Sat night and check into DL on Sun. My best friend also lives in LA so we could stay with them Sat night too.

Here are some options from Expedia
Hyatt Regency Orange County Disneyland Area
Sheraton Park Hotel
The Grand Califorian is an option if we don't stay Sat night but I'm not sure I want to spend that much on hotel ($340 per night)
Anabella Hotel (no rooms Sat)
Hotel Menage
Courtyard Anaheim
Portofino Inn and Suites (no rooms Sat)
Best Western Park Place Inn & Mini Suites
Best Western Anaheim Inn
Ramada Maingate - At The Park

Yes definitely check Expedia. That Sheraton Disney Super Mom mentioned gets great reveiws. I also have to add that I use Expedia all the time for Disneyalnd, esp. for last minute trips since that is where I find the best deals. Also you might check the Candy Cane Inn. It is not ever found on Expedia so you would have to check with them through their direct website. Candycaneinn.net I think. Anyway, it consistently excellent reviews. They may be sold out as well however. I think if you stayed at the Sheraton you would not be disappointed. I can think of more than one DLH/onsite loving disboarder who enjoys that hotel very much. I NEVER have and NEVER will stay offsite at WDW but I do for DL. I love the onsite hotels but cannot afford them every trip. I would book soon and go. To wait over a year until the next Disney trip is too long!

Candy Cane Inn -- standard QQ $134 + $134 + $129 + $129 + $129

Definitely NOT a dump, from what everyone raves!!!!

I checked Expedia for you.

If you'll have a rental car, some of the nicer hotels with rooms available for your dates are:

Sheraton Park Hotel w/2 queens, $200.20 per night.

Ayers Hotel Anaheim w/2 queens and full breakfast, $115.00 per night. (This hotel is one of the top rated hotels in the area on tripadvisor. I'm actually thinking of staying here myself the next time we go down there if we can't afford one of the DL hotels. This place looks very nice!)

Lemon Tree w/2 queens, $92 per night.

If you want to be real close to the front gates of DL, so you can easily walk back and forth within 5 minutes, I found:

Best Western Park Place Inn & Mini Suites w/2 queens, $139.60 per night.

Best Western Anaheim Inn standard room, $125.00 per night.

Hope that helps you out!:thumbsup2

It does, thank you! I'm always so paranoid about just randomly picking a place. We did that once at WDW and it was SO sketchy!

I'd like to get a car because we have a few friends in the area.

I'm hoping I can pull this trip off!

Thanks again!

ETA - more replies :) Thanks so much everyone I had to actually work for a few minutes, lol. I did get a good laugh out of my co-worker when she called and asked what I was doing. I don't think 'planning a trip to DL' was what she expected. Oh well!

Once we get flights secured. I'll book. Hopefully that will be tonight! My uncle has airline vouchers that he can't use so I'm hoping DS and I can book with those.

I'm getting excited!

We just got home from a week at DL. We stayed at the Fairfield Inn Anaheim. It is a Marriott. I think it is $109 a night. Nice clean rooms, less than a 5 min walk to the main gate! We were thrilled with our stay, it also had a pool and hot tub. I mean for me the hotel doesn't need to be super fancy, just clean and safe!!! Check it out. It had a Pizza Hut Express Restaurant inside and also kids eat for .99 cent meals with the purchase of adult meals at Millies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter