Last minute trip: Pop or Caribbean?

POP or CBR with construction?

• Total voters

rznhal

DIS Veteran
Hello!
Just got the green light to book a last minute weekend trip in January!!!

Sadly can’t find points to rent so last minute, so it’s looking like pop....but Caribbean resort is in our price range because of the construction.....anyone have an opinion? Should we brave the construction at CBR or stick with Pop? (We’ve done Pop and Akl several times, CSR once)

Thanks in advance!!!:)

CBR - I much prefer it compared to any of the value resorts. Plus I would look at is as your last opportunity to stay in the old style rooms before the resort is completely redesigned.

I would do a preferred room at POP to be close to front- one bus stop, access to food court, and you already know the layout, instead of multiple bus stops, food trucks with tent seating, and construction.

It would depend on your family make up and your goal for the vacation. How many of you are there, are there kids? Do you spend all day in the parks and just need a place to sleep? Do you prefer bigger beds? The construction is pretty extensive at CBR but it really only affects the food court and shop. If you don't use either of those a lot, it might be the place to go. The renovated rooms at Pop are nice but the murphy bed can cause problems if you are using it. You will most likely need to fold it up every day or risk hitting body parts on it. The beds in the renovated rooms are queen beds, you are not guaranteed a renovated room. Personally, we would go with CBR, we don't use the food courts at the resorts and I can't remember the last time I was in one of the shops. We do use the pools and I like the fact that the moderates have a quiet pool and there is a hot tub at the main poo. It is just me and my adult son so the over the top theming at Pop just does not appeal to us. I'm not a fan of the hectic public areas of the value resorts.

Really depends on the actual difference in cost,
the makeup of your group for bedding purposes
and will you spend any time at resort.

We decided to book Pop....we will use the food court every morning and probably eat there an arrival night, so the tent and food trucks at CBR did it for me.

I would’ve liked the upgraded CBR pool, but we are going in January and there’s a good chance it will be too cold to swim anyways!

Crossing fingers for (and requesting) an upgraded room!

Thanks everyone!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter