Last minute trip HELP Plz

momof3girls6712

DIS Veteran
Ok Hubby decided yesterday to take a 3 day trip to Disney. We will need to do this trip as cheap as possible (going again in May 08). So we are thinking it will be best to stay off site. We have never stayed off site so I have no idea where to look. We will need atleast a 3 bedroom. Any suggestions, advice, anything welcomed and wanted...

This trip there will be -
me (28
DH (28)
SIL (25)
SILF(25)
niece (4 months)
DD (12)
DD (7)
DD (6)
and must likely DD friend (11)

I'm not sure if Staybridge Suites in Lake Buena Vista has three bedrooms, but it's nice.

Just got back from a stay at Windsor Hills and loved it - gated community close to Disney, great pool, playground, clubhouse & other amenities. You can find condos/townhomes on a number of sites but if you go to http://www.windsorhillsrent.com/, you can enter your dates and email address and you will get pretty quick replies from those owners who have availability for your dates.

Hope that helps - read through some of the threads on the disboards and you will get tons of great info! :)

Cypress Pointe thru hotelkindom would work too.

Thanks for all the suggestions. I am going to start looking today. Any advice for staying offsite? Is it a hassle to go back to the hotel during the day?

Thanks for all the suggestions. I am going to start looking today. Any advice for staying offsite? Is it a hassle to go back to the hotel during the day?

It depends where you stay. Last year we stayed at the Hyatt Grand Cypress, it is pretty close (15 minutes or so) to the parks, but when we got there we had to park in their not-very-close self parking (or pay through the nose for valet), then trek in, up the elevator, etc. This year we stayed at Windsor Hills and it was much easier - park the car in front of the condo and walk in!

Most of the parks are easy to get in and out of. MK takes some extra time because you have to take the monorail or the ferry to the TTC, then tram or hoof it to your car.

We have two kids under the age of 4 so we went back for naps each afternoon - it was really no problem. Much easier at WH than at the Hyatt.

Looks like we have the prefect place thanks to Freaky (Tracey) here on Dis. These boards really do rock. I thought it was going to be a long chore to find a townhouse. Tracey pm'ed me and we were able to work all the details out in one afternoon. Very friendly and helpful, but I wouldn't expect anything less from a disser. The townhouse looks great. I can not wait to finish the booking form and get on with our way to short stay. I will write a review when we return.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter