Last minute trip, Feb 23,24,25

Shatsi

Mouseketeer
We're flying in on the 22nd. Out of the 3 days in Orlando we're planning to visit the parks on 2 days. I have 2 daughters 6 & 8.

I want them to see rope drop so which park has the best rope drop?

Myself and DH have one day park hopper left from a previous trip but I have to buy tickets for both DDs and one more day for us. Planning to buy park hoppers. Should I buy today through the MDE app and have them added to the app or there's no benifit to that since we're too close and won't get FP through the app?

Out of the new rides, I want DDs to see the Frozen ride in Epcot and Rivers of Light in AK. Are they worth the long wait times?

Thank you

I want them to see rope drop so which park has the best rope drop?

Do you mean opening show? The rope drop itself is just Cast Members controlling the entry to the park areas. It could be argued that MK has the only big opening show to speak of. It should certainly appeal to kids that age. It starts 10 minutes before full park opening.

Yes the opening show. I saw it many years ago in MK and thought the kids might like seeing the characters arrive in the train etc. but I was wondering whether the opening show in AK might be better, but I guess not. We'll see it in MK. Thank you

Be sure to read this thread, if you haven't already, as the MK opening show and entire opening process has changed significantly:

http://disboards.com/threads/new-ma...reet-opening-update-page-15-post-281.3567353/

It's anecdotal, of course, but the AK and DHS opening shows never seemed all that exciting to my kids. They are all teens now, so nothing like that seems exciting to them anymore, but that's another problem altogether... ;)

Myself and DH have one day park hopper left from a previous trip but I have to buy tickets for both DDs and one more day for us. Planning to buy park hoppers. Should I buy today through the MDE app and have them added to the app or there's no benifit to that since we're too close and won't get FP through the app?

If you can go ahead and buy tickets, at least you can be looking now for available FP+. A few days ahead is still better than day of. I'd buy now.

If you can go ahead and buy tickets, at least you can be looking now for available FP+. A few days ahead is still better than day of. I'd buy now.

I agree. I would go ahead and buy the tickets, link them to MDE and make FP+ reservations. In terms of touring, the only big opening show is at MK, so you may want to plan on starting there one day and then heading, maybe to AK, after that to see Rivers of Light in the evening. I can't comment if it's worth it as I haven't seen it, but if you want to avoid the lines, perhaps consider one of the AK/ROL dining packages to get a preferred seating area. If you want to ride Frozen, I would plan on doing rope drop at EP on another day and heading straight for Frozen as it is highly unlikely you will be able to get FP+ for that ride this late in the planning process.

Ok I checked the other thread, so the train is no longer the opening show.

We don't have any magic bands. I'm going to buy the tickets and link them to MDE and if by some luck I can secure FP for a ride we like, without magic bands what will they scan when in line. Phone app?

card_FastPassPlus_domore_image.jpg
Ok I checked the other thread, so the train is no longer the opening show.

We don't have any magic bands. I'm going to buy the tickets and link them to MDE and if by some luck I can secure FP for a ride we like, without magic bands what will they scan when in line. Phone app?

They will scan your ticket, which looks like a credit card. You will purchase a ticket voucher online, but need to go to will call or a ticket booth when you arrive to exchange your voucher for hard tickets.

It's important to grab as many of your fastpasses as you can before you go. This Thursday begins the Disney Princess RunDisney race weekend, so even though it's February, the parks will be crowded.

To see Frozen Ever After, I'd RD Epcot one day. Get there at least half an hour before the park opens. Stand in line for turnstiles on the left and stay to your left as you make your way to WS. In WS, you will be corralled outside of Mexico until the park opens. Then you will be able to head to the FEA queue.

Also, youll have to go to guest relations to get hard tickets in exchange for your vouchers. If you'll be in the area any time the day before your first park day, try to head to guest relations somewhere like a Disney Springs to take care of this. Lines at guest relations and will call can be long at parks in the morning, and it would be a shame to miss the RD show because you're still getting tickets squared away.

Epcot opens at 9 but WS opens at 11. If I do RD and head to WS I'll be there for 2 hours without doing anything. Should I try to ride Test Track and then head to FEA?

There's not many am FP available in Epcot for attractions we like. Test Track was available for 9.30am

Epcot opens at 9 but WS opens at 11. If I do RD and head to WS I'll be there for 2 hours without doing anything. Should I try to ride Test Track and then head to FEA?

There's not many am FP available in Epcot for attractions we like. Test Track was available for 9.30am

No, Frozen opens at 9 am.

Animal Kingdom has a pretty bird fly-in as it opens. It's worth it to see at opening.

Lot of good info, thank you for the advice. I'll be there for the opening show on the 23rd and before opening at Epcot on the 24th.

I was able to get FP for the 7DMT for 9.30-10.30am. If I'm in MK for opening show, do you think I'll be able to do both splash mountain and big thunder rail road and then get to 7DMT by 10.20am? I'm assuming its safe to arrive 10min before FP expire.

Last edited:
I was able to get FP for the 7DMT for 9.30-10.30am. If I'm in MK for opening show, do you think I'll be able to do both splash mountain and big thunder rail road and then get to 7DMT by 10.20am? I'm assuming its safe to arrive 10min before FP expire.

You should have no problem doing BTMRR and Splash before your 7DMT FP window ends.

You should have no problem doing BTMRR and Splash before your 7DMT FP window ends.

That's great, thank you.

So I've managed to FP for the following for 23rd:
7DMT - 9.30-10.30
Mad tea party 10.30-11.30
Its a small world 11.35-12.35

For the 24th, I have FP for test track at 12.25 but we might be able to do the ride before FP time as the only other ride we want to do in Epcot is Frozen ever after which I'm hoping to do first. Maybe instead of TT I should make FP reservations at a different park that we have more attractions to do than Epcot.

So even with park hopper they're not allowing to make FP reservations at a different park.

That's great, thank you.

So I've managed to FP for the following for 23rd:
7DMT - 9.30-10.30
Mad tea party 10.30-11.30
Its a small world 11.35-12.35

For the 24th, I have FP for test track at 12.25 but we might be able to do the ride before FP time as the only other ride we want to do in Epcot is Frozen ever after which I'm hoping to do first. Maybe instead of TT I should make FP reservations at a different park that we have more attractions to do than Epcot.

So even with park hopper they're not allowing to make FP reservations at a different park.

Honestly that Mad Tea Party FP is a waste of a FP. What else do you want to ride in that general vicinity? Winnie the Pooh line is often more than 30 minutes while Mad Tea Party is rarely more than 20. Peter Pan is often more than an hour.

Peter pan is not available till late evening. Winnie the pooh or meet n greet Rupenzal is available at 10.30. The kids don't know we're going to Disney so I can't ask what they prefer. Is Winnie the pooh good for 6 & 8 yr olds?

It's important to grab as many of your fastpasses as you can before you go. This Thursday begins the Disney Princess RunDisney race weekend, so even though it's February, the parks will be crowded.
Plus a lot of schools in the northeast are off this week, and based on my Facebook feed, lots are in WDW.

If I make 3 FP reservations in one park, on the day after I used my first FP, can I take another FP for a different park?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter