Last minute booking March - Bahamas 3 night

mjf

Mouseketeer
Hi,

I am considering making a last minute booking for either the March 3 or March 10 Bahamas cruise on the Dream. I checked on line and there is *some* availability.

Obviously the pricing is not going to be great :(

But I am wondering how much of a premium will we be paying for booking so late? Is there a thread of 2011 prices? Similiar to the 2012 thread?

I am also trying to get a quote through Deams Unlimited but the webpage seems to be down? Any ideas when it will be back up?

thanks!

This time of year is more expensive. But I looked last year for March and this year for March again, and the prices don't seem to have gone up drastically. We are considering booking last minute as well.

We just booked for March 10th this past Friday!! Very excited!! I have been trying to get my sister and her kids on a Disney cruise for a couple of years now and we are finally going! It is well worth the money spent so I would say go for it. You will not reget it!

How many people (adults/children)? Cabin preference (inside/outside/balcony?)

2 adults / 1 child

We would prefer an outside cabin. We're a bit iffy on the balcony as we have a 5 year old and don't want to have to be super safety conscious all the time.

Thanks.

Your verandah door locks and cannot be reached by a 5-yo to unlock it, at least not on the Magic and Wonder anyway. I've obviously not been on the Dream yet but I would imagine it would be the same. You can also ask for the furniture to be removed from your balcony. I have never cruised with children that age before but have seen many posts of people that have and I don't think there have ever been any issues. Good Luck!

I should have booked it when I saw it! Doh! Both the March 3th and MArch 10th cruises are SOLD OUT or at least they are not allowing any more kids.

Actually I was told the first availability is late March.

We just booked yesterday for the Feb. 3 sailing of the Dream, so I don't consider booking now for March last min. But, we didn't incur any penalties. Actually our price was lower yesterday than it was when we first started looking at it back in Dec.

I booked into the March 10 sailing on an impulse last Monday - not taking the kids though - its a second honeymoon for us - I was off for that time and looked online and the Roy suite was available :yay:

I should have booked it when I saw it! Doh! Both the March 3th and MArch 10th cruises are SOLD OUT or at least they are not allowing any more kids.

Actually I was told the first availability is late March.

Someone mentioned the March 10th sailing in another thread and said you MAY have luck if you can try to book right after midnight. I guess they release the rooms at midnight for those who either put a hold on the cruise but didn't pay the balance, etc in the time given (I may not have that part correct but I just read it here this evening). So if you can check after midnight tonight. I hope this helps.

i just looked on website and first cruise offered is 3/20 although it might open if folks cancel

Did you look after midnight? Just wondering if you found anything. I was keeping my fingers crossed for you! :goodvibes

I did stay up until midnight but had no luck.

But then I got a wonderful email in the morning from Dreams Unlimited saying they found a booking for the March 3rd cruise. I just made my payment. Yah!!!!

That's great. :goodvibes If anyone else is looking...lots of things opened up as of this morning when I checked for 2 adults and 2 children in March 2011. There has been nothing (that I could find) since Friday and as of 5:30 AM/EST, there were 5 (including both 3 and 4 day) cruises to pick from! Just an FYI in case anyone else is looking...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter