Last Minute Beach Day- Nassua?

ForMyBoys

DIS Veteran
So, we have decided to cancel the pre-booked blue lagoon beach day for Tuesday as the weather still shows 50% change of thunderstorms. We got stuck on a rainy beach day in the past and it was miserable so even though I know weather changes at the drop of the hat its been showing a rain forecast consistently all week and its only 4 days out so we feel ok with this decision.

Now to the question. IF it does indeed turn out to be warm and sunny we will want to disembark and enjoy a beach. I assume we could simply catch a cab to a local beach or work w/ DCL to get added to a beach day excursion fairly easily, but does anyone have first hand experience with this and can share any thoughts?

So, we have decided to cancel the pre-booked blue lagoon beach day for Tuesday as the weather still shows 50% change of thunderstorms. We got stuck on a rainy beach day in the past and it was miserable so even though I know weather changes at the drop of the hat its been showing a rain forecast consistently all week and its only 4 days out so we feel ok with this decision.

Now to the question. IF it does indeed turn out to be warm and sunny we will want to disembark and enjoy a beach. I assume we could simply catch a cab to a local beach or work w/ DCL to get added to a beach day excursion fairly easily, but does anyone have first hand experience with this and can share any thoughts?

If Disney has room on their excursion you can be added that morning.

You can take a cab over to Paradise Island, but Junkanoo is an easy 15 minutes walk from the pier area. The Colonial Hilton does offer day passes that include the use of their pool and beach and a food/drink credit. But, they recommend you book ahead and day passes may not be available for walk-ups.

upload_2019-3-22_13-4-22.png

I took a $4 cab ride to the beach next to Atlantis when I went with a friend. It was super easy to get a taxi, there are a ton waiting and you agree on the amount before going anywhere. Getting a taxi back was really easy too, we ended up sharing with people on a different cruise ship.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter