Last min question...

Princess49

<font color=CC3333>It's a great big beautiful tomo
when exactly do you get to go to your stateroom? I have been telling my BF all along that we have to go right away to make the Palo ressies but I booked the REAS so we don't have to, but he won't know until we get to the stateroom & the basket is there! So what do I do? Is it a long time- he'll be mad thinking we won't get ressies if I wait & I don't want to ruin the suprise early!! Also, when does the turn down come the night you select? We will be eating at Palo at 8:30, should I make sure we don't go back to the room between the show & dinner? Would hate to walk in on them setting up or even worse have it be all set & then not be able to stay! Thanks for the info!!!:D

Princess49...We were able to get in our rooms about 1:30, although we didn't get our luggage until about 4:30 or so.

I believe you can't get in the rooms until they are "turned over" from the previous cruise.

When you get on the ship, go to lunch, there is a choice of 2 restaurants. Since it sounds like you want to stall...take a really long time eating...maybe you could mention that you want to relax for a couple of minutes before you do the ressie rush... OH, and then the rooms will be open - you might as well just drop off your carry on's:wave:

Are you packed yet? Have a great time!

Sorry - can't answer the REAS specific ??'s you had.

Staterooms will be ready at 1:30.

If you don't want to "walk-in" on your Host or Hostess while they make up the room I wouldn't go back to the room between the show and dinner. You'll get a better feel for when your room is being made up as the cruise progresses and can gage accordingly.

One bit of info, please don't be disappointed if you don't receive an infamous towel animal on the first night. The Stateroom Hosts are exceptionally busy (with luggage, preparing the staterooms, etc.) on that first night and generally don't make the towel animals until the second evening of the cruise. (At least this has been our experience on the Disney Magic.)

my guess on the turn down is that they are doing it while you are in Palo's so it should be done by the time you finish eating (they can't assume you'll be going to the show, 'cuz maybe you won't).

Thanks Tandy!

You probably heard by now but when I checked at Guest Services for the banner no one could seem to find it. Travis asked once and then I asked a second time but to no avail!

Would ahave been sooo cool to have kept it going!

Hey Princess - just wanted to wish you the most wonderful time on your cruise! It has really been fun reading all your posts!

Here's some pixie dust, but I get the feeling you probably don't need it because you make your own!!!
princess: princess: :grouphug: :grouphug: :jumping1: :flower1: :flower: :jumping1: :grouphug: princess:

:wizard:

Princess49 ~ You could tell your BF to relax on deck after lunch and you'll take care of the Palo ressie. Then just go wander around the ship for a few minutes, come back and tell him it's done. Just an idea.

I was thinking the same as Sandy. Maybe ask him to take some pictures while you do the ressie rush. Or tell him to try and get seats at Parrot Cay while you make the ressie.
Or just tell him like DW tells me, 'what do you know about this stuff, just let me handle it'. :teeth:
However you work it out, have a great cruise!!

And yeah guys, the new pic is great. Somehow it suits you. :jester:

Our firends were on the May 1, Magic, and we left something for them at guest services before our cruise ended, they did not deliver the package to them until the fourth day. How disappointing.
Sorry to hear the banner is lost.

I never even thought of telling him that I'd do it & leaving him somewhere alone... that sounds great... he'll probably get lost & I'll hear an announcement over the pa that a little boy has been lost & can someone claim ownership to him... LOL it will be a man sitting there with a CM- that would SOOO be him!! Thanks again for all of the advice!!!(& for the pixie dust too Buzz mom!!!):D

Lately Disney has taken to putting up "barracdes" to keep you out of the staterooms while they are still being made up. They seem to have started that when the embarkation times shifted to be a little earlier.
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter