Last min question! -- Stroller?

KayDox

Mouseketeer
Hi!

We bought a semi- light weight stroller for the trip, but it is still bulky and I am wondering if it is worth taking it with us.
If I go directly to the guest service upon embarking (and after getting Palo ressies -- first thing first!), I should be able to get a rental stroller, right?
Has anybody tried to rent it and did not get it?
If we can rent it for sure, maybe we won't take our own.
I was thinking about using it at airport, to walk around the deck to let our DS2 take a nap, at CC.

Thank you for your input!

Kaye :flower3:

My opinion would be to bring it just because he is only two. If he was a little older than maybe you could get away with just renting on the boat. My only concern with a 2yr old is the airport and when you are getting on and off the boat. I know for us, we had tons of luggage and carrying a 2 yr old would have been difficult. It will come in handy if he wants to nap in the airport, etc. My girls had just turned 3 when we went and we brought 2 single strollers. They were light weight though and had a strap to carry it when folded. The one on the boat is bigger, like a jogger. Hope that helps, have a great time. oh ya, a small single is easier to keep beside you at the table just in case he falls asleep during dinner time. One of mine was just pooped out and slept in her stroller right at the table.
FYI: we used the Maclaren volvo.. great investment for us.

Enjoy

Would you bother taking an umbrella stroller (also a Maclaren ) for a 4 y.o.? I was thinking of not bothering as she walks most of the time and we don't have any excursions planned that include enormous amounts of walking. Thinking of winging it without. Can you rent one just for the excursions?

Thanks!
Kathy

Kathy, im not sure how the rental works. We never did it. We basically used it getting on/off the boat and on the islands. It also gives me a piece of mind knowing that they are in the stroller and not wondering, if you know what I mean;)

On the ship, one daughter wanted to go in the stroller and the other never did...go figure. We usually had one stroller with us on the ship.
We got our use out of them on the islands though. It was hot and they got tired easily.

If your daughter doesnt really need a stroller, then maybe get it for the islands only.

Thank you so much for all the replies!
I am going to bring ours (Maclaren Volvo too!) so that I can use it for islands other than CC too.

Thanks!!
Kaye :flower3:

We brought our umbrella stroller for our 18 month DD on 09/23/07, but also "rented" one onboard. We used the umbrella stroller for the airport (which was a good thing because the line for the DCL transfers was about a 20 minute wait). When we got onboard the ship, I went to guest services and asked to "rent" one. If I remember correctly, it was a $200 deposit that you get back if you return it, so there was no "rental fee." It is a larger jogging stroller, but it reclines (our umbrella stoller did not), and foldes in half to fit in the closet. We took the DCL with us to the ports. Keep in mind that on Castaway Cay they have wagons that you can use for free. With the stroller, guest services did tell me that they have quite a few for "rent" and hardly ever run out.

We're brining our double umbrella for our kids (age 2 and 4) but we're also doing 5 days in the parks first. We figured it would not only be cheaper to get this one than to rent for 10 days (it costs us $120 on Amazon w/ free shipping), but there's more space for our bags and each of the 2 seats recline. Since it's an umbrella, it folds pretty small (even for a double) and can easily be stashed under our bed in the cabin.

Would you bother taking an umbrella stroller (also a Maclaren ) for a 4 y.o.? I was thinking of not bothering as she walks most of the time and we don't have any excursions planned that include enormous amounts of walking. Thinking of winging it without. Can you rent one just for the excursions?

Thanks!
Kathy

I wouldn't bother bringing one for your 4 y.o. I found that our daughter liked walking WAY to much...if you aren't planning many excursions it would be a waste in my opinion...have a fabulous time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter