Last day port to airport transfers

Gerweniel

Mouseketeer
Just wondering what to expect on our last day. We will be flying out of MCO at 2:00PM (flight originally was 1:05). Does DCL assign a specific bus and time to depart? Can we choose to depart late?

I know we'll have quite a bit of a wait, but not enough to justify a day room.

Thanks for your replies.

Jill

All of the Disney buses will leave the port by 10 am. Everyone is expected to be off the ship and through customs by then. They need to clear out so the new group of cruisers can board. My suggestions are to either get a day room at the Hyatt or explore the airport shops and have lunch before going to your gate. That's what we did when we had a 2 pm flight.

Another option would be to rent a car at the port and take in the sites at Downtown Disney before going to the airport.

I just completed a cruise on the Wonder a few weeks ago so I can answer you;

The Wonder docked at Port Canaveral around 4AM. Set the alarm for 4:45AM and went to breakfast at 6AM. By 6:30AM the ship was "cleared" by security and everyone was able to start leaving the ship at that time. Everyone was required to be off the ship by 8AM.

I went through customs which took approx 5 mins and went directly outside to a waiting DLC bus to MCO. The trip to the airport took 45mins and I arrived around 8:45AM. My flight was sched to leave at 1:45PM there was PLENTY of time for anything at the airport before departure. You should have NO PROBLEM at all....:woohoo:

Thanks BlueNight for your departure timeline. There is soooo much good information on these boards to prepare for a DCL cruise.

I knew Thursday am was basically breakfast and disembark but I didn't realize we had to be off the ship by 8:00 a.m. Yikes!!! So much for sleeping in. :rotfl:

We have late seating for dinner so I guess I can sleep 10 minutes longer than those with early breakfast seating. :rotfl2:

On the bright side, at least now I know I have more time than I thought to make my noon flight home.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter