Largest Suite

I believe the largest one they have is the one they converted into the Mickey Mouse Suite last year. It's similar in size to the Green and Green and Frank Lloyd Wright suites at the GCH. Two bedrooms and sleeper in the living room. Projection TVs, Kitchenette, 2 large bathrooms, etc.

Those go for around $3000+ a night.

Hey Nancy!!! I'll pitch in on one with you!! Let me start saving RIGHT NOW!!!!!:rotfl2: No wait!!! I'm serious!!!
Yep! It's official! I'm losing it!:rotfl:

I tell you - if you are ever in the GCH at Mousekeeping time - about 2pm - and go up to that floor, find a Mousekeeper with a headset and ask if the big suites are empty and if you could peek in them. If no one has checked into them, they usually say yes!

That's what we did! OMG - they are just beautiful!!!! We have photos of the Frank Lloyd Wright Suite that overlooks the pool!

I tell you - if you are ever in the GCH at Mousekeeping time - about 2pm - and go up to that floor, find a Mousekeeper with a headset and ask if the big suites are empty and if you could peek in them. If no one has checked into them, they usually say yes!

That's what we did! OMG - they are just beautiful!!!! We have photos of the Frank Lloyd Wright Suite that overlooks the pool!

Are you still out there YellowMickeyPonchos? If so, I'd love to see the pictures of this suite. :)

I have heard the the Presidential Suite at the GCH is the largest and goes for $10000 a night. At least that is what Samantha Brown of the travel channel alludes to.

Jack

http://disneylandmeetings.disney.go.com/dlm/index?id=ResortHotelOverviewPage
Choose a hotel
Choose from the menu on the left Guest Rooms and Suites.
It does not show the actual pictures of the rooms but does list the amennities and floor plans.

An Artisan Suite at GCH
DGCH-MH-ArtisanQQSuite.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PX1d1MzRiWo&feature=related
Artisan Suite

I have heard the the Presidential Suite at the GCH is the largest and goes for $10000 a night. At least that is what Samantha Brown of the travel channel alludes to.

Jack

The presidential is the Frank Lloyd Wright Suite..... It's top center of the pool courtyard on the 6th floor. It's really gone up in rental prices in the last several years! 8 years ago it was only like $3500-5000 per night!

Each of the major suites there is attributed and furnished according to the style of a major Arts & Crafts era designer. The FLW suite is the largest, The Greene & Greene is another - that one is at the end of the lobby - overlooking the pool from the West.

The photo of the suites that Laurie posted are much smaller - the standard 1 bedroom with a king. It has a separate living room (which is in the photograph). Those are scattered about the hotel and usually found as corner rooms on each floor. We stayed in one of these on our wedding weekend, as we got married there at the GCH.

Disney never usually publishes photos of the most expensive suites, as most people cannot afford them. Samantha Brown has been extremely fortunate to actually film inside them - not something many get to do.

It pretty much works on the age old theory " if you have to ask the price, you don't need to know about it...."

When the DVC opens at the GC in December, there will be 2 Grand Villas with 3 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms, a full kitchen and dining table for 8 on two stories. They will sleep 12 plus one in a crib. Not sure how big they are but someone who bought in a GCV may have those details. -- Suzanne

Not one of the awe-inspiring suites...

but when we went in January with six adults, we had a three bedroom suite at GCH. If I remember correctly (and I'm assuming all the couches were pull outs), it would have slept 12. Two kings, 2 hideaways, 2 queens. It was very very off-season during the week and around $1500 a night, if I remember.

I have photos if you want them.

When the DVC opens at the GC in December, there will be 2 Grand Villas with 3 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms, a full kitchen and dining table for 8 on two stories. They will sleep 12 plus one in a crib. Not sure how big they are but someone who bought in a GCV may have those details. -- Suzanne[/QUOTE

They will be the biggest units in all of the hotels (they have only released the maps to us and not the sq ft details) and I can also tell you that they will be incredibly expensive to pay cash for and also extremely difficult for anyone who is not DVC to get. People will be hoarding points to stay in those.

Nancy
(BTW - I've been a member for over 15 years....)

Not one of the awe-inspiring suites...

but when we went in January with six adults, we had a three bedroom suite at GCH. If I remember correctly (and I'm assuming all the couches were pull outs), it would have slept 12. Two kings, 2 hideaways, 2 queens. It was very very off-season during the week and around $1500 a night, if I remember.

I have photos if you want them.

That would be great. We ended up booking a three bedroom suite at GCH for our trip at the end of the year.

Thanks

That would be great. We ended up booking a three bedroom suite at GCH for our trip at the end of the year.

Thanks

I'm on it! though, excuse the photo quality, please.

The three bedroom suite is at the very end of a wing. The very very end (read, long walk to the elevator...really long walk). The three bedroom suite is actually three different rooms that are connected. One is a king suite, the second is a king with a pull out couch, the third has two queen beds. Each bedroom has everything a normal GCH room has (fridge, balcony, etc) Each room has its own door to the hallway. The middle door leads to the king suite...

Looking from the middle door, straight back to the sitting area. There is a coat closet next to the counter with a kitchen sink and fridge. The couch you see is a pull out.

DSCN1546.jpg

This photo is looking from the king suite bedroom, across the entry to the queen/queen

DSCN1552.jpg

This photo is looking across from the queen/queen to the king suite bedroom

DSCN1553.jpg

I didn't take a photo to the king bedroom, but it's connected in the same entry area

....more will come shortly!

Also, each bedroom gets it's own bathroom, however, the bathroom for the king suite also has a door to the living area. Don't worry, though, there's a seperate lockable room for the bath/toilet. The pocket door that leads to the living room is also lockable, except ours was broken.

This is the living area, first photo shows said bathroom

DSCN1550.jpg

DSCN1547.jpg

DSCN1548.jpg

DSCN1549.jpg

There are four balconies, one for each bedroom plus one with a dining table

DSCN1551.jpg

View from queen/queen

DSCN1544.jpg

View from dining balcony

DSCN1543.jpg

View from king suite bedroom

DSCN1542-1.jpg

View from king bedroom

DSCN1541.jpg

I think that's it, happy to answer questions, but I can't think of anything I haven't covered...

Except to say that for six adults, the concierge was definetly worth it. Because it's a suite, it was just one room fee instead of three different room fees.

Wow, that looks just like the rooms we had in '02 (#3450 & 3452), less the 3rd room. It was fantastic. When we checked in and arrived at the room the fireworks were just beginning. We went out to the one balcony and got to watch the fireworks and the other balconies had the view of DCA and the monorail going by. How cool, yes? pixiedust:

Wow, that looks just like the rooms we had in '02 (#3450 & 3452), less the 3rd room. It was fantastic. When we checked in and arrived at the room the fireworks were just beginning. We went out to the one balcony and got to watch the fireworks and the other balconies had the view of DCA and the monorail going by. How cool, yes? pixiedust:

I don't remember the monorail from the rooms (and I don't remember the room number, either 3rd or 4th floor...there was a purple couch sitting area near the elevator) but I might be wrong.

but still, Very cool.

We didn't get to see fireworks, though, as we were there in January and not on the weekend. My favorite was listening to the music in downtown Disney, my second favorite was smelling the la brea bakery.

It looks as though the foliage has grown tremendously since we were there last! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter