Large Family Accomodations that won't break the bank

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Family Suites last time we went to Disney (it is now Nickelodeon but still Holiday Inn)

We are a family of 6 but there are beds to sleep 7 in 3 different rooms. Also, there is a kitchen area with a microwave and fridge.

They have free shuttle service to and from Disney all through the day - we drove from Canada and our van did not move the entire time we were there.

We paid $150 a night and that included breakfast for everyone and then the kids also got supper when DH and I ordered off the menu.

It has a huge pool area and activities throughout the day. It is very kid friendly and I would stay there again.

Just a thought!

We are going in Sept. with our 4 kids and we booked adjoining rooms at the Pop. Taking advantage of the free dining plan, too, that will save us a TON of money! :sunny:

Mom of 6 responding here! We have stayed at WDW using many different kinds of accomodations. We are planning our 20th visit for this January. I have been to WDW while pregnant on several occasions.

FW cabins--is your youngest under 3? This is a lovely place to stay if your kids are mostly young. As they get bigger it will feel a little cramped --especially with one bathroom.

Connecting rooms at a moderate WDW resort--If your kiddos are all small you might even consider a value. I suggest a moderate while pregnant for many reasons--the main reason is for better support from your bed. CBR always gets a lot of compliments for mattress comfort. The more children you have the bigger of an issue this becomes. Two bathrooms is a huge plus. CBR has the largest floorplan giving you more room. Request a location that will cut down on your walking as the resort is HUGE!!!

Off-site condo or house--if you research carefully you can find a beautiful property near WDW for a very reasonable price. I found that a jacuzzi in the master suite to be so therapeutic after a long day of walking! The washer and dryer in the condo allows you to pack less clothing for your large family. I can't tell you what a blessing that is!

You absolutely must stay close enough to WDW to allow you to get back to your bed to rest each afternoon. I cannot stress this enough. Don't try to "do it all". Slow is the name of the game...

Let us know what you decide! :earsgirl:

Dh phones the reservation line yesterday. We've got two connecting rooms in All Star Movies with a fridge and the dining plan. One room has a king size bed and we'll be requesting a pull out cot too. It comes to the same price as what we were going to be spending for three days at Disney food and the house rental for a week. I'm so excited. We moved our trip up two weeks (not telling the kids though). An entire week without having to cook (other than microwave popcorn LOL). :cheer2:

I really wanted to stay on resort as this way Ds and I can sneek back for an afternoon nap and with the extended hours we won't feel as much pressure to do it all now.

Thank you everyone for all your advice. As this is our first trip I am incredibly green so this is great.

One thing to be aware of is that connecting rooms aren't guarenteed....Oh, they will tell you they are guarenteed, and you almost always get them. But in a very booked hotel they've been known to tell people "sorry." There was a rather long thread on the resort board about it.

crisi said:
One thing to be aware of is that connecting rooms aren't guarenteed....Oh, they will tell you they are guarenteed, and you almost always get them. But in a very booked hotel they've been known to tell people "sorry." There was a rather long thread on the resort board about it.

No, they are guaranteed if the adjoining room is for kids. Besides, you aren't going at a really busy time, so it shouldn't be an issue for you.

I think you made a great decision and will love staying onsite! It makes everything so much easier! Plus you are in the magic 24/7. You guys will have a great time! :earsboy:

I read that they weren't really guaranteed and paniced. It's a relief to know that they really are and we thought that since we are going in Feb it shouldn't be an issue anyways. Dh said worse comes to worse he takes the boys for the night and I take the girls for a night and we make such a fuss that they have it for us the next day.

Reese said:
I read that they weren't really guaranteed and paniced. It's a relief to know that they really are and we thought that since we are going in Feb it shouldn't be an issue anyways. Dh said worse comes to worse he takes the boys for the night and I take the girls for a night and we make such a fuss that they have it for us the next day.

You have a great attitude and that will make for a wonderful vacation no matter where you stay! If more people thought of things that way ....

Enjoy!!! :sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter