Lanyards for Pin Trading?

CinRell

DIS Veteran
What lanyards are popular for pin trading? I'm putting together a collection of pins for my niece and would like to put them on a lanyard. I got a free black one at POFQ last spring.. I have no idea where I put it tho... I'd like to get her something a bit nicer.
I saw a light up one online which would be very cool but I didn't know how heavy it was or if it can be broken when pins are put through it?

Any info appreciated:) I never participated in pin trading but it seems fun and my niece will be 4 almost 5 when I take her.. it's a little surprise for the trip and I"m starting now to have a nice sized collection for her to have and choose what she wants to trade.

Hi Cindy, Sorry I do not know the answer to your ?,but when you get to WDW you could always purchase one there! They also come in starter sets with two pins alike,one to trade and one to save. But what I really wanted to tell you is that you are a VERY sweet Auntie to do that for your niece. I am sure you and she will have a BLAST trading pins! Joan

Aw hey thanks :wave2: My niece is only 2 but I'm planning NOW for a trip when she's 4 almost 5... *praying they do the free dining thing again in 08!!*

I'm going to give my sis, bro in law, mom and niece the trip for Xmas 08... I wanted to wait for her to be old enough and *praying* til I can afford the trip....

In the meantime I'm getting little things to surprise her with on the trip... I figure she'll see pins, want pins, auntie cindy can pull out a lanyard FULL of pins:) That type of thing....
I know this is WAY early to think of these things but I"m big time on a budget so gradual over time is good.. also... it helps the time pass. I'm a disney addict who can't afford to go too often;)

Seriously that compliment made my day:)

My kids are pin fans, too. Be careful when wearing them, the backs will come off causing lost pins. We lost several before we realized why. I think they've made better backs in the last few years, but just be aware.

I purchased for my DS10 a lanyard on EBAY for 10.99. It was the traditional Pin trader lanyard. He was so thrilled as soon as it came he put the pins I gave him (a set of snow white and the 7 dwarfs along with a few 100 years pins, the ones I purchased more than one of)

Have a magical day,
Anna

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter