Landscaping software?

Yay2001

Well, we all shine on ...
Has anyone used landscaping software to develop a basic plan and layout for gardens, etc.? I really want to try this, but have no idea which packages are best.

Any help/insight/discussion appreciated!!

:D

I just bought one the other day and will be trying it out this weekend so I'll let you know. Its called something like Master Landscape and Design from Punch. Has was too much stuff (like you can build your entire house) but you can use a photo of your home and then even look at it in 3D. Might be too complicated but I'll let you know how it goes! I wanted something simpler but DH was with me and thought this one was cool!

Amid - I'll have to check that one out too!

I have one NOT to get, it's Burpee's 3D Garden Designer 3.0. I wanted to gradually remove all the evergreen shrubs around my house and try to give it a more updated look. Unfortunately this program only uses items (shrubs, flowers etc.) SOLD by Burpee. They don't sell anything close to an evergreen that i could have used to replicate what i have now. I'll have to check out the other recommendations!

Amid, thanks for the free software info. FREE = GOOD!!!!

Kathy, the folks on gardenweb like the one by Punch, too -- a lot of them are professionals. (They also seem to like Sierra 3D Landscape -- haven't been able to find that one.) Definitely let me know how you like it and whether you think it's too hard -- or not!

sudieq, thanks for the heads-up on the Burpee pakg. What *not* to buy is every bit as important!!!

thanks, everyone!!!
:Pinkbounc

I have always thought about trying one of these. Thank you for the link (I like free)... :)

Well, I tried it yesterday and it is pretty confusing. Problem is its mostly trees (and I wanted bushes and flowers) I might give it another try. For what I could do it was pretty cool, but it isn't really helping me figure out what I want to do with my trouble spots in the yard so I will probably end up returning it. Maybe I'll try a cheaper version and wont feel so bad about how much it cost!
It was Master Landscape and Design from Punch

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter