• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Land of Nod kid's furniture

dancin'girl

DIS Veteran
Has anyone purchased furniture from The Land of Nod?
Wondering what the quality is like.
I'm looking at the beds and dressers. Thanks!

I was wondering the same thing. It looks a lot like Pottery Barn to me.

Someone recommended the "Baby Bargains" book to me, and it's helped me make lots of our decisions... It rates the products by not just safety, but customer service, product value, etc.

According to the BB book, Land of Nod gets a B - "stylish but pricey, good customer service, has custom finishes".

Land of Nod is owned by Crate and Barrel if that helps. We have some wall shelves from Land of Nod - they are similar in quality to ones we have from Pottery Barn. Our kids' beds and dressers are Pottery Barn, so I can't help with the specific Land of Nod prducts you are interested in.

Like someone else said, they are the kid furniture arm of Crate and Barrel - so it's decent quality. We have several of their toy bins and stackable shelving pieces. They are all very nice quality, solid wood. Extremely heavy. ;) We have the stores here though, so we always go and pick stuff out off the shelf. They have really great old-school toys there, too - actual wooden toys that require fun and imagination instead of batteries. I've found it to be better quality than Pottery Barn Kids. We did our son's nursery with some PBK pieces and they were not nearly as well bit as the Land of Nod items we have now. Although, many of the PBK and Land of Nod pieces mix together nicely.

When furnishing my sons room, I originally ordered pieces from pottery barn kids, but when they arrived, they always had a major defect in them, I'd return them, and the new pieces always arrived with defects as well. I then tried Land of Nod, their pieces arrived with absolutely no defects, plus they were built much sturdier, I would order from them again in a heart beat!

We bought a dresser from them and thought it was similar quality to Pottery Barn. I think the PP is right. It's stylish and pricey, but probably not something you'll have for years. We bought our older child an Ethan Allen dresser that is incredibly well-made. It's about the same price as Pottery Barn, but the quality is better.

I bought a Munire set (Savoy) from a local store... I don't know what the Land of Nod's pricing is like, but ours was higher priced than places like BRU or Walmart...

Don't forget to factor in delivery costs - that can be a doozy from online stores!!

And this is a bit OT, but please don't automatically equate Crate & Barrel or Pottery Barn furniture with quality - I work for a company that sells furniture, and one of the manufacturers we used recently deconstructed a C&B couch, and it was NOT well made... Obviously, something that you can see the hardwood is hopefully going to be better quality, but I hate to see people equate pretty with quality (or $$$ = quality).

We have a twin white rod iron bed and trundle from Land of Nod. My daughter is still in her crib but I slept in it when she was a newborn and it was great. Remember easy assembly, etc. I love it so far:)

Check out Stanley's young america group My haven. Great colors, many options, good quality{better than pottery barn} and its made in america. I know this because its what i do for a living. Purchasing furniture for an upscale retailer. The discount should be 40-45% off retail. DONT pay more...

OP here - Thanks for the input everyone. :)
We are looking for a bedroom set for DS and have looked at several local furniture stores. The prices were all around $2000+ for the bed, dresser and nightstand. This didn't include the mattress or shipping/delivery fees. I have been receiving the Land of Nod catalogs for a long time and never considered buying furniture from them, but with the prices that we have found locally, I thought I just might consider them now!
We aren't in a hurry, so we have time to price shop. We just want something that is good quality, that will last into the teen years and is reasonably priced!

Tricia's mom-
We saw the Stanley furniture at one of the stores and I liked one of the styles. The only discount we seemed to be able to get was 5% (which was upped to 8%, and then upped again to 12% as we were walking out the door! Man, they really didn't want us to leave empty handed!)
How would one get 40-45% off retail?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter