Lake Buena Vista Resort??

clj1410

DIS Veteran
My DSIL who is a single Mom was talking about taking her DD to WDW this year, and i tried to make a few suggestions to make it a little cheaper for her. I told her about free dining and offered to help her look things up. Some how i managed to talk myself in to going with her with my DH, DD and DS, oopps:yay:

Anyway long story short after crunching numbers, we have decided to stay off site:sad2: We were looking at the Lake Buena Vista resort and spa and i was wondering if anyone had stayed there and wanted to know about their thoughts and suggestions???

If this is the Best Western it is actually on Disney property on Hotel Plaza Blvd. It is rated by AAA with three Diamonds. And it has to maintain standard set by Disney.

It is not eligible for any of the Disney benefits such as Dining package, EMH or package delivery. The HPB resorts have thier own transportation, but instead of going to the regular Disney parking those buses run every 20 inutes and go to the charter lots. For MK they go to TTC and not MK.

And it is about halfway between The DTD Marketplace and the Crossroads Center. I'm not sure if it gives free parking at the parks or is considered off-property.

Shame you can not stay on property such a difference in the whole experience.
Did you price the suites at value or thru AAA for discount or thru the disney website specials?
Oh, you're gonna go in august? Then free dine hopefully, what about values?? Or share a villa or cabin???

Some of my family stayed wyndham in orlando and loved it...think june was like 95/nite aug prob less:confused3
planning disney affordably is sometimes not easy...........:wizard:

Never stayed at this resort, but it is really nice. Very conveniently located. Next to an outlet mall. Close to a lot of good eating places. Their rooms online look amazing. We have driven around it.

Look up at the top of this page in the yellow section. I think there is a special for this resort 1bdrm for $88. DIS special. Check it out!!!

Is this the Buena Vista Suites??? They have free breakfast and free scheduled transportation to Disney.

I've never stayed there, but one year we stayed at the Sheraton Safari. We never could find our hotel on the way home from the parks. But we ALWAYS passed the Buena Vista Suites. I remember saying, "I wish we had decided to stay there! It is so convenient to everything."

Maggie

www.homeaway.com

Get a full sized home or large condo for about $100 a night total. Some include cleaning fee, some do not so watch for that (cleaning is usually about $100). That usually comes with 2000 sq feet or so, full kitchen, multiple bathrooms, pool, game room, etc. You really can't beat it. You should be able to score a rental car big enough for all for under $20 a day, easily. Add $14 a day for parking (unless at least 1 in party has AP for free parking). Cook some of your own meals, especially b-fast. No waiting on busses. Save lots of money and have SPACE. No brainer for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter